Bad accident

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 09:23 PM
2 strokes or 4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad accident

Just want to ask if everyone could keep my brother-in-law in your prayers, He and my nephew were riding in Turtle Creek in L.B.L. ( west Kentucky ) yesterday evening when something terrible happened. As my nephew says they were riding ( both on dirtbikes ) one time he looked back and didn't see him anymore killed his bike and didn't hear my brother-in-laws went back and found him on the ground with the bike on top of him facing the other way, he lifted the bike off of him, to find his helmet cracked on right side with obvious head trauma he called 911 and they ended up lifeflighting him straight to vanderbilt in Tenn. He is still in I.C.U. with 2 collapsed lungs although he was wearing chest protection, 5 broken ribs on one side and 3 on the other side , a broken shoulder blade and a broken collar bone but no severe injuries to his head thankfully the helmet did it's job. He has been riding for years so I guess it just goes to show anything can happen anytime, and to always wear safety gear. Thanks for everyone's time,,,,,,,,,Nick.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Bad accident

He is in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:17 PM
2 strokes or 4
Default Bad accident

Thanks and I will.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:38 AM
Range Rover
Default Bad accident

im so very sorry to hear that. i hate for anything bad to happen to any rider when they are out enjoying the outdoors on their bikes. i will keep both of them in my prayers. and i will pray for you too sdm111. god bless you and you family...............shea................

Old 05-25-2008, 11:29 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Bad accident

Damm this is the 2nd thread Ive read today about being airlifted away from the accident scene.

Ill add him to my prayer list. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer
Default Bad accident

I'm sorry to hear about the accident!
I'm willing to bet a high rate of speed was involved.

(This is what we have experienced)
What is it about guys who ride their dirt bikes wide open through the woods blasting around corners and all of a sudddon they are faced with a quad coming from the other direction and they are faced with skidding off into the woods to avoid a bad accident. I have seen this on three seperate occassions.

The same thing this past winter we came close to two seperate accidents with-in two hours because some bumbass snowmobibbler was recklass driving at 40 plus mph driving around a corner and he ended-up in our lane because his high rate of speed and he dam near hit my son head-on. We always drive with our head lights on and the corners always scare me the most from high speed idiots who cannot stay in their part of the trail or dirt road.

I will not ride my quads on any busy weekend or holiday, to many (Punks) with no common sense out there to try and prove they are speed racer.

garman

Old 05-25-2008, 12:33 PM
2 strokes or 4
Default Bad accident

I just talked to my sister and she said that his bike came back from the shop the day before the accident she said she dosen't know all that was done to it but she does know that new fork seals, new front tire and some other front end work was done I don't know dirtbikes all I know is that's it's a yz450f. My brother-in-law says all he remembers is going over the handlebars. When I talk to my nephew I'll have him look at the bike for me cause I'm in S. Louisiana. Maybe coincedental maybe not.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:17 PM
2 strokes or 4
Default Bad accident

Update, spoke to my sister a little while ago Randy ( brother-in-law ) has been taken off the Morphine has been able to eat some, he tried to eat yesterday but didn't keep it down, the doc said he wasen't digesting food yesterday hopefully today it will stay down, had one of the chest tubes taken out other one is still in, walked a little. Seems like he's doing better. I might be taking a road trip this weekend.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:27 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Bad accident

Good to hear he is doing better sdm111. He is going to be in my prayers for a while.

any word on the front end of the dirt bike yet? It would be a real bummer if it was a mechanical failure that caused the accident.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bad accident

Sorry to hear about this, my wishes on a speedy recovery. It is good to hear he has already made progress [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: garman351

I'm sorry to hear about the accident!

I'm willing to bet a high rate of speed was involved.

(This is what we have experienced)

What is it about guys who ride their dirt bikes wide open through the woods blasting around corners and all of a sudddon they are faced with a quad coming from the other direction and they are faced with skidding off into the woods to avoid a bad accident. I have seen this on three seperate occassions.

The same thing this past winter we came close to two seperate accidents with-in two hours because some bumbass snowmobibbler was recklass driving at 40 plus mph driving around a corner and he ended-up in our lane because his high rate of speed and he dam near hit my son head-on. We always drive with our head lights on and the corners always scare me the most from high speed idiots who cannot stay in their part of the trail or dirt road.

I will not ride my quads on any busy weekend or holiday, to many (Punks) with no common sense out there to try and prove they are speed racer.

garman</end quote></div>

garman, why even post this? From the injuries we can all surmise that there was some force involved, but with such little information about the accident itself there is no sense laying blame over the internet. In any case, what is done is done, and it sounds like no one else was involved.

Quick Reply: Bad accident