Bad accident

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad accident

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Williebee

No mater what the cause of the accident i will them the injured rider and his entire family and freinds in my prayers , this type of accident on a dirtbike can happen weather one is riding fast or slow ; one of the family of my closest freind who's youngest sister and husband were riding Harley Davidison street machine with a freind riding in the lead when they turned off of 411 highway onto highway 282 in Murray County heading for Ellijay Ga in Gilmer County !

They weren't riding fast , wreakless or drinking when this happened ; the freind riding in front on his idenical Harley said when they turned onto 282 he looked back and everything was going fine but when he went into the second surve he looked back again and didn't see them !

He slowed down waitig for them to catch up , then he pulled over to wait and then he turned around and went back to see what was holding them up ; when he got back to the first curve it was a horrible sceen !

He saw his freinds on the side of the road with the wife was throw off the Harley with a cracked helmet with major head injuries , and the Harley was still laying on the husban ; there were no skid mark's in the roadway like the Harley's front wheel just drifted off the road !

They had made it less than 50 feet back onto the road but for one foot when the front wheel hit a curb causing the wheel to jerk to the right , the Husband and wife were airlifted to erlanger medical center in chattanooga TN where the wife was DOA ; her husban was in ICU and they didn't know if he would make it !

He didn't make it for the family viewing and memorial , and they weren't sure he could get to the Funeral ; but he did make after all and as soon as the Funeral was over he had to go back to the Hospital !

My point is that on dirt bikes is they only have 2 wheels , one on the front and one on the rear and one rock , root on the trail you didn't see the last them you rode the trail last ; these trails can change fast so be safe when riding quad's dirtbikes and mountain bikes as well !............</end quote></div>

That is very sad. I am also sorry to hear this. You just never know when it is your time I guess. But it still really sucks.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad accident

I am very sorry to hear this but happy to hear he is doing better. Hope all continues to go well and he heals back to 100%