crash at little sahaha in oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crash at little sahaha in oklahoma

JUST RECENTLEY HAD AN ACCIDENT AT LITTLE SAHARA. I CAME OVER A DUNE AND SOMEONE WAS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OTHER SIDE AND I HIT THEIR DUNE BUGGY, THE GUY SAYS HE WANTS ME TO FIX HIS BUGGY. SHOULD I FIX IT? KEEP IN MIND THERE WERE NOT ANY ALCHOHOL OR DRUGS INVOLVED.IT WAS JUST SIMPLY AN ACCIDENT. I JUST FEEL LIKE IT IS RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK WHEN YOU ENTER THE DUNES.TO ME THAT MEANS I TAKE MY CHANCES WHEN IT COMES TO MY SAFETY AND MY TOYS. ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN BUT IS'NT THAT WHY THEY POST THE SIGNS AT THE FRONT? WE JUST RECENTLEY WENT BACK TO THE DUNES AND GOT CONFRONTED BY THE GUY AND HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO GET EVEN IF HE EVER SAW ME OUT ON THE DUNES AGAIN. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Old 06-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

It being an accident still doesn't mean it wasn't your fault. If you gonna jump, you have to make sure where you're landing is clear. Seen videos of people making blind jumps and landing on other people and not just other objects.

Since we don't know the whole story, it's gonna be hard for us to judge. Was he parked there? Did he know you were jumping into that area?

How much is he wanting you to pay? Maybe offer partial payment.

And he can't threaten you with bodily harm. Never been there, but if there is someplace you can report his threats to, it may be a good idea.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

ive been to little sahara and people get killed there more than most places......lots of the kids there never check to see whos on the other side of the dune and they just jump.

im sure you can blow him off because i wouldnt think a cop would go out there to take a report

Old 06-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

I agree with Scootergptx. You can't argue that it was your fault if he was just sitting at the bottom of the dune. If it was the other way around and after you jumped it someone followed you over and smashed your wheeler, wouldn't it be nice if he fessed up and payed at least partial repairs?

Technically you can just blow him off but, for moral reasons I wouldn't. Duners need to have respect for each other and come to reasonable agreements in situations like this. Not blow one or other off or make stupid threats about getting even.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

WELL, HE WAS JUMPING AND HIS BUDDY WAS AT THE TOP OF THE DUNE WAVING PEOPLE ON.AFTER HE JUMPED HIS STEERING COLUMN BROKE AND HIS BUDDY STILL WAVED ME ON SO I WENT.IT COULD HAVE BEEN ANYONE.I AM 40 YEARS OLD AND I FEEL LIKE I AM A PRETTY RESPONSIBLE PERSON, I ALWAYS LOOK AT THE BACK SIDE OF A DUNE TO MAKE SURE IT IS CLEAR AND I ALWAYS HAVE A SPOTTER.SO, I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

i say make his buddy pay.......if someone is waving people on they take the repondablity

Old 06-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I FEEL LIKE I HAVE DONE ALL I CAN WHEN HE THREATENED ME IN TOWN I TRIED TO TALK TO HIM AND HE JUST PROCEEDED TO CUS ME OUT, HE WOULDNT EVEN LISTEN.HIS BUDDY WONT TAKE RESPONSIBILTY EITHER.THATS WHY I SAY, I AM DONE. I AM TAKING CARE OF MY OWN STUFF AND RIDING AT MY OWN RISK.LIKE THE SIGN SAYS. IF EVERYONE EXPECTED TO GET THEIR STUFF FIXED AFTER ACCIDENTS WE WOULD ALL HAVE TO CARRY INSURANCE AND GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!!!

Old 06-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

you live in waynoka.............theres a guy that works for the town that has a green jeep that ride out there he seem very nice

see if you can find him

thats a little town.........like 400 people or something

Old 06-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

oooooo. In that case it's a little different. I'd say that the guy at the top waving on is an idiot, waving people on without checking is ridiculous and risking other people's lives. Anyhow if it was a group of people who were jumping and the guy knew someone was coming over than ya, he knew the risk he was taking. I thought maybe he was just sitting and taking a break and you came along and plowed him or something.

I'd probably do the same thing as you in this case. He broke a steering column which happens, and as a result didn't couldn't get out of the way and knew the risk he was taking. I'd alert the park ranger if have any trouble with him and ya, they will come out on the dunes. They were out a few weeks ago anyway when I was up there.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

FIND HIM FOR WHAT? WHEN IT FIRST HAPPENED I WAS GOING TO HELP HIM FIX IT, BUT HE IMMEDIATLY STARTED YELLING AN CUSSING ME OUT, I THE TOLD HIM TO GET OUT OF HERE AND ALSO TOLD HIM IF HE IS LOOKING FOR HELP HE IS DOING IT THE WRONG WAY!! I AM A NICE PERSON AND ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP BUT WILL NOT IF TREATED WITH DISRESPECT!!

Quick Reply: crash at little sahaha in oklahoma