Stop Supporting Irresponsible Atv Products

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stop Supporting Irresponsible Atv Products

In the rally here last falll there were a few RzR that had the music playing pretty loud in the run..........................I heard the music before I seen them.......Caper........

Old 07-24-2008, 11:12 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just don't understand this "in your face" attitude now a days. In a reply to this subject on another site, the poster wrote "I'll do what I want, when I want, and to hell with everyone else". This guy probably has already given the sport a black eye, and now we want to supply him with a boom box to hurt an aready hurting sport?

Old 07-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

I understand where you're coming from, everything is being abused our guns are in the same boat as our bikes. There is little respect left for the fellow man it seems.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Range Rover

I can do and see what I want too, and if I see a Nutcase on a atv disrespecting the trail or others I will put them down, and explaine my issue in a way they might understand.

we should all do the same following the laws we have at our disposal.

Break the rules around me and i will break you, as my father would say.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:37 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Like we say, "Father knows best". lol

Old 07-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

See what ya started Mongrol! The next poor schmuck thats seen or rather heard coming down the trail cranking his tunes is gonna get a spankin', have to walk back without his wheeler because he got his keys taken away, and sounds like he might also get broken in some fashion. LOL.......ha ha![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea its kinda a shame cuz TAMARACK actually makes pretty good products, they have
really nice storage boxes (plain, non BOOM BOX type..LOL). I bought one for my front
when I had the AC. But it didn't quite go with when I bought the Polaris.

I guess they're alot of Triangle Boyz wannabees. I can see campfire entertainment but
as for me when trailing I like to be aleart, hard enough with the noise of the ATV and helemet.

Cheers,

R'

Old 07-25-2008, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mongrol

A post on www.atvfrontier.com say's it a lot better than I can so check it out and let Tamarack know how you feel and why! </end quote></div>

That would be this post by AndrewH

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>"As if we need yet another way to annoy non-ATVers.

It's bad enough that they market those boxes with seats that are marketed as "Loungers" but are in actuality a device that encourages people to ride double on machines specifically designed for one rider. Oh they cover their legal obligation by having the disclaimer that they're for use while stopped by the rider but anyone with half a brain knows what they're really for. When people get injured and killed because of them then it adds more fuel to the fire to regulate ATVs out of existence.

Now they've decided that encouraging unsafe operation of ATVs isn't enough. That only affects the rider and passenger and the ATV community at large indirectly. This time they wish to put a boombox on an ATV to annoy everyone within earshot. As if the manufacturers of loud mufflers weren't bad enough. It seems that they don't care how they damage the sport and the industry as long as they can sell a few plastic boxes.

While they should by no means be prevented from offering their products, it is up to conscientious people in the ATV community to do everything in their power to discourage them from doing so. That means not buying ANY of their products. Encouraging your dealers to not carry ANY tamarack products. And to encourage ATV manufacturers to NEVER do business with Tamarack or offer their products through their dealers or websites.

Sometimes it is up to ATV owners and users to act as a conscience for a company when it is obvious the company in question has no corporate conscience itself and is actively promoting products which harm the long term viability of the sport for their own selfish short term gains.

There are plenty of other fine manufacturers of ATV accessories out there. Buy from them and don't damage our sport by buying from Tamarack. When you buy a tamarack product you're just as responsible for the damage to our sport and the elimination of trails and riding areas as the rider who tears up private property, destroys trails, engages in vandalism or rides with obnoxiously loud pipes."</end quote></div>

Hits the nail right on the head I'd say.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:43 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CaptainQuint

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mongrol

A post on www.atvfrontier.com say's it a lot better than I can so check it out and let Tamarack know how you feel and why! </end quote></div>

That would be this post by AndrewH

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>"As if we need yet another way to annoy non-ATVers.

It's bad enough that they market those boxes with seats that are marketed as "Loungers" but are in actuality a device that encourages people to ride double on machines specifically designed for one rider. Oh they cover their legal obligation by having the disclaimer that they're for use while stopped by the rider but anyone with half a brain knows what they're really for. When people get injured and killed because of them then it adds more fuel to the fire to regulate ATVs out of existence.

Now they've decided that encouraging unsafe operation of ATVs isn't enough. That only affects the rider and passenger and the ATV community at large indirectly. This time they wish to put a boombox on an ATV to annoy everyone within earshot. As if the manufacturers of loud mufflers weren't bad enough. It seems that they don't care how they damage the sport and the industry as long as they can sell a few plastic boxes.

While they should by no means be prevented from offering their products, it is up to conscientious people in the ATV community to do everything in their power to discourage them from doing so. That means not buying ANY of their products. Encouraging your dealers to not carry ANY tamarack products. And to encourage ATV manufacturers to NEVER do business with Tamarack or offer their products through their dealers or websites.

Sometimes it is up to ATV owners and users to act as a conscience for a company when it is obvious the company in question has no corporate conscience itself and is actively promoting products which harm the long term viability of the sport for their own selfish short term gains.

There are plenty of other fine manufacturers of ATV accessories out there. Buy from them and don't damage our sport by buying from Tamarack. When you buy a tamarack product you're just as responsible for the damage to our sport and the elimination of trails and riding areas as the rider who tears up private property, destroys trails, engages in vandalism or rides with obnoxiously loud pipes."</end quote></div>

Hits the nail right on the head I'd say.</end quote></div>

I still have to disagree, Like I said earlier there is a time and a place for everything. R' mentioned campfire entertainment, thats one of the times or places that a boom box might be ok but it depends on where and when. I don't think these things need to played on the trail because you need to be alert and as others have said it can be anoying to the other riders. I wouldn't spend my money on one of these boxes but it's hardly fair to keep anyone else from having one. I know plenty of folks that are responsible enough to have one and make noone mad with it. As far as making the non atv community mad, thats the last thing I want to see or do but honestly if those folks that do pass judgement on our whole bunch because of a few schmucks that don't care ,well then really they're the one with the problem and probably lead unhappy lives. I think on public lands that there should be rules in place for these things but on private property as long as it's not effecting the public, then it really is noones concern anyway. I don't see what good a boycott would ever do when they make portable stereos that run on batteries or even just mount a car stereo on the wheeler, if they want tunes they're gonna have tunes.....Plain and simple.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:13 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what ever happened to the peace and quiet of the woods just to slowly cruise and enjoy nature. oh man i sound like a granola. lol i do agree they should keeep the volume down but i guess it doesnt matter who says what as they'll do what they want no matter what anyways.

Quick Reply: Stop Supporting Irresponsible Atv Products