Stop Supporting Irresponsible Atv Products

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 08:38 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop Supporting Irresponsible Atv Products

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 08sportsman500ho

I can't believe there was a thread started about this!!

REDICULOUS!!</end quote></div>

Ok, thread over. Actually I'm a undercover publicity man trying to get everyone to go to Tamaracks site and see the newest, wonderful addition to the world of atv products. jk lol, lol, sobbing a little also.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mongrol

In a reply to this subject on another site, the poster wrote

"I'll do what I want, when I want, and to hell with everyone else".?</end quote></div>

Guys like this are bigger threat to OHV use than a room full of environmental wackos..</end quote></div>

Amen. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I had to laugh when I saw Lowell, Michigan MWQ. That ought to get the trail wars going again. lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Range Rover

Although I have no use for a boom box on my machine, I totally disagree with this entire line of thought.

Problem is that this is one person's pet peeve. We all have them. You really need to consider that when thinking about imposing your personal whims on others. Because all too easily that can be brought to bear against you as well.

For example I've never heard nor read a media (which drives most people's perceptions) report on music on ATV's. But about weekly someone is killed on a quad, almost always in a minor accident that could be easily avoided with basic safety gear.

And yet we seem loathe to simply bash on people that refuse the simplest safety gear as some misguided notion of 'freedom'.

It seems odd that people would support imposing their will on other people over music, or loud exhausts, etc- but then shy away from that same zeal in forcing people to protect themselves so we don't have news about people that die in a simple rollover. Seems misguided.

Or people's penchant for mud tires that rip up the trails far more than is needed. I mean here is a product known to be tougher on trails than more reasonable trail tires, and yet we as a group can't seem to get enough aggressive tire patterns.

See what I'm getting at here? What is a pet peeve for a few is just one among many, and radios....well that is alot less of an impact than mud tires on trails, no enforcement of safety gear, etc.

You have to pick your battles.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:58 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Insightful post SollyLama. My only real concern is that this is just another way for the nay sayers to "SLAM" quadding. Cud be wrong.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Range Rover

Oh I think you have a solid point. Perception is a key factor in what remains a freedom and what becomes outlawed.

However in the specific case of radios on the trail- I can't see it being much of a factor. The only other people I see on a trail are other ATV riders, the occasional hiker, etc. The 'public' by and large will never be affected. Sort of like the loud noise of gunfire during hunting- chances are no one else will even hear it, much less be bothered by it.

Lastly- given the popularity of incredibly loud stereos in cars, that far more people are forced to hear in traffic than ATV radios in the woods, I can only conclude that loud music isn't that much of an issue for people. I can't go to the store without hearing BOOM BOOM BOOM coming from some ridiculous low rider hoopty. So I doubt that noise from music on the trails will be used against us much.

Especially since we already feed ammunition to our enemies as is with trail damage, deaths from stupidly not wearing gear, etc.

I do agree with you though about it being an annoyance, and if I were to needing music I would go with headphones.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:49 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Sure hope you're right!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Range Rover

I do too, but that shouldn't stop me or you or anyone from trying to improve our image.

That's a shift from my view on motorcycles. I'm an old school biker and I typified the outlaw biker. I never cared about people's perception of us, in fact I rather liked it better when we were feared instead of being a fashion trend. I accepted the disapproval of the general public gladly.

On ATVs though, I feel more of dedication to nature itself than the perception of people. My respect for the land stems from my love of nature. Political concerns exist of course, but sadly- no matter how respectful we are of the land, there will be those that view nature like a museum- look but don't touch. These are the hardliners and you'll never change their minds.

Where the intentions like yours matter, is with the fence sitters and undecided. The swing vote if you will. And for that group, I think you are totally on the right track thinking about their perception of us.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:18 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

I totally agree. Life has gotten like a bar fight, "you have to put your head down and keep swinging."

Cheers

Mongrol