Stop Supporting Irresponsible Atv Products

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop Supporting Irresponsible Atv Products

i believe that if this thread remains alot of things that should not be said will come out and our polaris brotherhood will crumble... everyone is entitled to their opinions however we know everyone has one and some stink more than others...

mods please this before it gets out of hand

Old 07-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

EVERYBODY have a safe and fun weekend..

savage out!!

Old 07-25-2008, 03:56 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

obviously there is a difference of opinion with a lot of us. Its always a shame that we can't agree or disagree without stooping to insults or name calling but that sometimes comes from the faction that <u>might</u> abuse the sound system.

Guns and what you smoke? Can't see THEM harming atv'ing unless you're trying to shoot a "dooby" out of your buddy's mouth while he's doing a wheelie/donut combo on his atv.

A topic like this usually gives us all cause to think, and while a product boycott seldom works, it gets a lot of reaction and creates awareness of a potential problem; and in this case its the negative coverage we get from the public and regulators.

WE CAUSE THE REGULATIONS THAT WE ALL HATE!

Old 07-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

If anyone thought I am for boycotting the company in question, that's not the case. I am just saying whatever we choose to buy (quads, radios, guns, whatever) should be used responsibly. I've seen too many guys going down mainstreet in Claremont, NH doing wheelies in a 10 mph zone. The town was nice enough to let us use the rail trail going down main street. We should be smart enough to do the wheelies, donuts, jumps, etc. out in the woods where we aren't causing some kneejerk liberal reaction that equates all riders with the ones who are being idiots. It only takes one to screw it up for everyone. I've done bridgework on the trail system with my club and with a skimobile club. It's good relation building rather than tearing down any standing we have by acting like morons in the more public places. All in all, all I am saying is let's act responsibly so we can all continue to enjoy our hobby.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:30 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Your last sentence say's it all Moose, way to much common sense! That has been my whole point throughout this thread.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is, most 16 yr olds-the legal age in USA to ride quads-think the laws, both legal and common sense, don't apply to them.

Case in point-the trail through our National forest is closed to ATVs from Dec to April. In Feb of this year a 16 yr old on an ATV started a forest fire that burned 1,000 acres when the ATV he was riding set fire to to brush that was bone dry due a drought. Evidently he had removed the spark arrestor, which is illegal.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm afraid to speak but here goes.
Personally, that stereo system costs $575 w/ship and I have better things to do with that kind of money. I also don't think it's a huge stereo to be a big factor for noise. If you want to hear obnoxious noise, come down to the lake with me and some idiot (oops, person) put $5,000 in a stereo to play some a$$ kicking cussing thumping music that nobody else cares to listen to. Yes, I'm getting old but I like to listen to my music, not someone elses.
We always ride with helmets and use the Chatterbox. Not only can we talk to each other but I can plug in an i-pod, cell phone, etc. The only reason I use the i-pod is so that i don't have to listen to my wife chattering. JK!

Old 07-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mongrol

Guns and what you smoke? Can't see THEM harming atv'ing unless you're trying to shoot a "dooby" out of your buddy's mouth while he's doing a wheelie/donut combo on his atv.

WE CAUSE THE REGULATIONS THAT WE ALL HATE!</end quote></div>

FREE THE WEED ROFL

Old 07-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

a friend with WEED is a freind INDEED!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can't believe there was a thread started about this!!
REDICULOUS!!

Quick Reply: Stop Supporting Irresponsible Atv Products