Stop Supporting Irresponsible Atv Products

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop Supporting Irresponsible Atv Products

I'll play devils advocate a little...

Calling for a boycott of a good company because they sell a stereo/speakers seems overboard. I don't listen to music on the atv and would NEVER buy one. But, there is certainly a time and a place for that product. A guy can't head out, camp and have a little music, news, weather? Or, work his property, check the fence, plow some snow and have some radio? If I'm on a ride and someone has that box, turns it on while we're stopped taking a break and BSing, I would have zero issues with it. It's not like this system is a BOOM, BOOM type of stereo/speakers we hear drive by the house at 4am.

How about the loud pipes that are sold? Truth be told, I have a way bigger problem with the pipes than I do with that little stereo system, and it is little....5" 75Watt speakers.

Ever sit in a bow stand and have piped ATV's go by a half mile away? It's loud...and of course they have to "rap" the pipe non stop because it's "cool". I listen to it every fall! Someone could crank those 5" speakers, you'd never hear them at that distance.

If guys want the big stereos, and those guys are out there, they are not buying that box. They're rigging their atv's with obnoxious subs. Now, taking issue with that, I can understand. But calling for a boycott of this company because they sell a little stereo??

If your going to boycott a company that sells that product, you should boycott the companies that sell pipes, way, way more of a nuisence than that little stereo will ever be. After all the only reason to boycott that product is because it makes a little sound, right? We wouldn't want to boycott sound...we have site supporters that sell alot of it.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Pro Rider

Looks like I'm not the only early riser...lol. I'm with ya Stendori I like the quiet sometimes too and I don't want the folks here taking me wrong. I'm not defending the idiots who use these things improperly. I'm just saying that boycotting a stereo or the people who make it is kinda crazy. It's like boycotting Ruger because some fool shot up a bunch of stuff or people for no reason. I own a Ruger and the only thing that needs to fear me is the little squirrels and wabbits.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I have a friend who owns several hundred acres and once or twice a year he invites a big bunch of us down to ride and camp. We ride all day long and then at night we build a big fire and pitch our tents.I don't know how many times I've heard "who brought a radio?",well guess what no tunes. I'm just trying to say that sometimes it would be ok to have tunes. I just think it's silly to punish a company just because of a few idiots.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:57 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mongrol
In a reply to this subject on another site, the poster wrote

"I'll do what I want, when I want, and to hell with everyone else".?</end quote></div>

Guys like this are bigger threat to OHV use than a room full of environmental wackos..

Old 07-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

c'mon now... so what if someone wants some music whey they stop out on the trail for a few cold.... soda's... im sure a audio system with 2 @ 5" diameter speakers will not over power the sound of an atv... now if you had a couple of 12" sub-woofers (i said woofer&lt;-- in a beavis & butthead voice) that would be a little overboard.. just as it is to say "boycott" an entire company... do a little more research into "audio-pipe" and you will see that this is not a "new" concept.. i understand that there are those who will abuse this and over the course of history it is a proven fact that there will always be those people...

now lets all pop a few xanax and relax..

Old 07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Noise pollution is one of the reasons I gave up the 250cc 2 stroke Xplorer. It did pretty much everything I wanted but the noise made me a little nervous. Most of the trail systems in NH, VT, and ME are on private property. All it takes is a landowner getting tired of the screaming engines with non-legal exhausts, or dust, or people going off-trail, etc. to ruin it. We used to be able to take a trail from an area with a gas station, food, auto parts, etc. into the woods and onto our trails. 2 landowners closed their land to our ATV club and now we have to go about 15 miles out of our way to get back to the trails instead of the 5 mile direct route. Keep in mind that 10 extra miles in New England's rocks, roots, mud, and water takes a long time to traverse sometimes. We have to ride like we would want people to ride on our land or we are going to lose our trails. It's happening all over the country but still people think that they have the "right" to play music obscenely loud, and otherwise be obnoxious. Yes, you do have the right to these things on your property but not so much on other peoples property who are being nice by letting us drive on their land.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

I have enough government regulation on what I can do, carry ,smoke and every other regulation that infringes on my freedom.
Why the %$$#$ should a company stop selling a product because YOU don't like it.
Don't buy it whiner.
What if I like that product? What right do you have to say I can't have it. Where were you raised, in Russia in the 60's. We have freedom of choice here comrad.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

To me, it's not a question of if, or what we can do. It's more a question of what is appropriate for each situation. If we are on someone elses land we have to respect that just like we would like others to respect our land. I don't want someone coming onto my property with a ghetto blaster blaring the latest foul mouthed idiot singer. I'm just saying we should ride with the same respect of the landowner's land that we expect on ours. If you are on your own land, blast away. If on someone elses land, by their good graces, be respectful. Somone described it as walking on eggshells.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

what a buch on winers!!!IMO.. i am sure your time will bet better spent on another rant rather than BOYCOTEING good/honest company..if the music is to loud YOUR TOO OLD..JK.. next you"ll want me to put some nice quite mufflers on my harley... i personaly have two 10" subs and a 200watt amp on my popo, and every body i ride with wants to know if they cam bring THIER OWN CD'S..
A boycot over this is childish and I will not be a part of it!!!

might as well BOYCAT guns,hell they kill people!! right?

Old 07-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

Like others have posted here, there is a time and a place, but a boycott is surely not warrented. They have EVERY right to make and sell this product its up to the consumer to be responsible with it. There are SOOO many items out there that can damage the ATV sport if used irresponsibly.

Should be boycott budwiser cause some idoit got tanked up and rolled his quad and killed someone or himself?

Should we boycott guns cause someone purchased a hunting rifle and went on a shooting spree.

Should we boycott atv mud tires (589,mudzillas) cause they tear up trial systems?

No we shouldnt, Its our responsibility to use all of the above correctly. There will ALWAYS be idiots who dont care what anyone thinks and do what they want. There is no way to change that.

Just have fun, be responsible, be safe.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 650Mobrute

Like others have posted here, there is a time and a place, but a boycott is surely not warrented. They have EVERY right to make and sell this product its up to the consumer to be responsible with it. There are SOOO many items out there that can damage the ATV sport if used irresponsibly.

Should be boycott budwiser cause some idoit got tanked up and rolled his quad and killed someone or himself?

Should we boycott guns cause someone purchased a hunting rifle and went on a shooting spree.

Should we boycott atv mud tires (589,mudzillas) cause they tear up trial systems?

No we shouldnt, Its our responsibility to use all of the above correctly. There will ALWAYS be idiots who dont care what anyone thinks and do what they want. There is no way to change that.

Just have fun, be responsible, be safe.</end quote></div>

Quick Reply: Stop Supporting Irresponsible Atv Products