2strokecoldsmoke video, pretty cool

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2001, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rented 2 stroke cold smoke 3, snowmobile video today, pretty cool, some crazy air, best part was the water riding, some guy tries to cross a lake, one segment is racing on water, pretty crazy stuff, if only the video store would get wheeler movies... anyways its worth renting.

Old 01-30-2001, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

It is a good video. This videos makes you want to go sledding. Purchased it for $24 not a bad price but renting its cheaper! Oh well, it is still a good video.

Old 01-31-2001, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

I have seen all 3 in the series...that lake scene is by far the most amazing thing yet! He was out in front of that PWC too!

When I watch those videos I just want to run out and play in the powder!

Brian

Old 01-31-2001, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

Xplor,

Have you ever ridden a snowmobile on the water? The only time I have seen it done was on videos!

How is the snow levels up where you live, up in the Pacific NW our levels a less than 50% of normal, not a real good year for sledding.

Old 01-31-2001, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

The jumping was pretty cool too, I expessically liked the "when they jump, let go of the handlebars and catch them with their feet" dont know whats its called but its pretty crazy.. That was funny with the guy infront of the PWC, the water racing segment is like a PWC race track, insane those sleds must have some serious H.P. Expecially the guy that tries to cross the lake.. It really does make you want to ride, too bad I dont have a snowmoblie, someday...
Anybody recommend any other quad/dirtbike/snowmobile videos? The video store here is kind of limited so if I want a video usually have to buy it, dont want to buy cheezy videos..

Old 01-31-2001, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

I have seen 2 stroke cold smoke 1 and 3. The 1st is far from being as extreme as the 3 can be. Honestly (no joke) I think I'm capable to do everything they do in the 1st. In the 3rd..mmmmmh. It already is impressive watching in on TV...imagine being there...na, I don't think I would do everything. I'd give it a try though. Riding on water...never tried, but will try when the ice layer gets thinner. As long as I'm sure to get my sled back...worth a try! In slednecks 2 (another great movie), the guy says he sunk 2 times in 24 hours. It took him 20 minutes to get the sled running again...eheh. Another incredible stuff in Slednecks 2, Blair Morgan lays his sled on its side during a jump (90 degrees incline!!!...just like a bike!).
We're having a sweeeeeeeeet snowstorm that left something like a foot of fresh powder with drifts and all the coolest things that bring a huge smile on my face (and everyone at school looks at me while they're preoccupied about getting back home).
It makes me want to get out and ride also...but I meed some parts for my sled before it runs perfect (noe it runs great, but I want it to be perfect..not half crappy).

Old 01-31-2001, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

slednecks 2 was cool! those redneck guys where hilarious and some awesome sledding action. those guys doin tail whips and heel clickers into supermans it was sweet.

Old 02-01-2001, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Snowshark,

Like Zorro stated, we got a pretty nice snowstorm. A good foot of powder with some nice drifts. On Saturday Zorro and I are gonna hit the fields. We have seen too many "Powder" movies so we do not really stick to the trails. We go under the powerlines where all the bumps, stumps and jumps are covered with fresh snow. We get surprised once in a great while by hitting a foreign object...but that's part of the game!

Water crossing...I would love to do it. I am still not that courageous, so I would find a flooded field that has 2 or 3 feet of water to test it out first! I will do it though!

Brian

Other good titles: Huevos 1 2 3, Slednecks.

Old 02-01-2001, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

I might be able to handle a couple of feet of water. There is NO way that I would ride on the lake like those guys in the video.

Old 02-01-2001, 02:20 PM
Range Rover

As for riding on water they actually have race events specially for that in some states and they call it watercross I think. I have tried to find more info on it with out much luck As for Horsepower I read that it is for 500cc and up.

Quick Reply: 2strokecoldsmoke video, pretty cool