Do you worry about someone stealing your ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you worry about someone stealing your ATV?

No, I don't worry about anyone stealing my ATV as insurance would cover it. Along the lines JumboFrank mentioned, the only time I ever left my ATV unattended was when hunting and we all know an armed society is a polite society, so I never worried about it then. I now have to hunt from my ATV due to a disability, so if they can get the darned thing out from under me, they can have it.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you know how much your insurance covers? If your ATV is a few years old and the bluebook says it's worth half of what you paid for it, that's all you're getting from your insurance company. At least I haven't found a company that will cover replacement costs and give you enough money to buy a new one. When two of mine were stolen at the same time I only got enough money to buy one ATV, not two. Still, out in the woods I wouldn't worry too much. Thieves like to stay in town where all the victims are.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

I have found that who your insurance agent is, is as important if not more so than the name of the company. I have replacement value on all of my stuff and according to my agent it would include my ATV/UTV if they were stolen from my home/property. I know he is dependable because my home was burglarized several years ago and I got all new stuff and the stuff that had been discontinued was replaced with an equivalent of my choice. Now if they are stolen in the woods, then I do get hit with the NADA/Blue Book thing. I am going to check with him next week as I have a new ATV just to make sure.

I live in the country and it is hard to get to anything out here without being noticed, though not impossible. I am native to this area and fairly well known as is the fact that both of my sons are ex Army and Firearms Instructors as well as one being an active duty Police Officer. As a retired PO, I carry a firearm at all times and have a shooting range behind my house. When my home was burglarized, it looked like a cop convention with all the cars, on and off duty that showed up. The perpetrator was from out of state and was caught fairly quickly. Also, at my age, I don't "worry" about too much, if they get stolen, I will just buy more.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm laughing my a#@ off! Talk about picking the wrong house! He was certainly lucky you weren't home! LOL!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, it was pretty funny. This guy definitely needed to think about a career change alright. After he got out of prison for breaking into my house, he immediately fell back into his old habits and broke into a home where the owner was there. The homeowner held him at gun point, I would have shot him, until the police came to collect his sorry butt. Since the home was occupied, he was charged with Burglary 1st as well as "prior and persistent offender" due to his previous crimes. By the time he gets out, he will only be able to break into houses that are wheel chair accessible.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And hopefully that'll be because he will be in a wheelchair!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, that's it.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Range Rover

First thing to do is get insurance. It may also be a good idea to get a storage box and keep a chain and a lock and when u go into the woods just quickly chain it to a tree or something. lOL sounds kinda dumb but i guess u do what u gotta do. Have fun riding

Old 12-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Insurance here, cuz I have enough **** to worry about as is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MrDumass

Insurance here, cuz I have enough **** to worry about as is. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

My love for you is like a truck, BERZERKER" this is from gears of war the game isn't it.

Quick Reply: Do you worry about someone stealing your ATV?