Hanma R9

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanma R9

Well, with much work and wire chasing, I can't get the silly thing to fire. It almost fired a couple of times today. I have checked the fuel line and filter and gas is making its way into carb. I have not cleaned the carb yet, possibly next job, but was hoping to find out some more info. On the frame under the seat is a black plastic box with about 9 wires coming from it. It has the word "NEAT" written on the side of it. Any idea what this is?

Old 07-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Huffstetler
Well, with much work and wire chasing, I can't get the silly thing to fire. It almost fired a couple of times today. I have checked the fuel line and filter and gas is making its way into carb. I have not cleaned the carb yet, possibly next job, but was hoping to find out some more info. On the frame under the seat is a black plastic box with about 9 wires coming from it. It has the word "NEAT" written on the side of it. Any idea what this is?
ok, i take it you've checked for spark, correct?
it sounds like it is flooding. so, remove the carb and clean it. take the float/needle seat assembly out and clean that thoroughly. clean both jets while you're at it. below is a picture of a generic jet. see the orifices? they have to be super clean and you should be able to see daylight through them. don't forget to clean down the throat of the jets also. longitudinally.
clean and inspect the inside as best as you can. this will save you some time and headache down the road. please check the crankcase oil. if it's been flooding, and the float might've/could've been stuck, there's a chance the crankcase could have gasoline in it which would require an oil change. let us know!

Old 07-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I did check for spark and it is good. Got me too...lol
Ok, I will proceed to clean up the carb and stuff and hopefully that will get me running. Thanks again..

Old 07-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the experts can tell you how many volts/amps you just took when it bit you!.
i'm laughing with you, ok....
it happens....