Helmet questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013 | 08:44 AM
|
Pro Rider
Question Helmet questions

Probably a silly question, but does it really matter if just for ATV'ing what style of helmet you should be wearing? I know they show the open face with extended out chin guard ones and advertise them as ATV helmets, but I've been using a regular full face helmet for years mainly because I don't want to bother carrying goggles around. I'm not doing the dangerous stuff so why should it matter? I just always assumed those open face ones are for the racing/jumping guys.

Other question concerns fitting. The 2x I've had for a time has gotten tighter fitting and I've tried new ones that size and they seem to be even tighter, no one carries 3x in stock so I'm a little reluctant to just order a new 3x without know how they will be. I also wear glasses and it's tough to get them on with the helmet. Do you think if one size is really too snug that going up to the next size will be fine without being too lose? Here's the one I'm looking at (best price I've found for one too); GMax GM38 Solid Helmet - Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-16-2013 | 09:02 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

If you want full face but think its more clumpsy then a open face you can get a "Modular" and split the difference and have the best of both worlds..
You do not even have to take it off to have a drink, smoke or put on glasses. They also do not need googles.

Old 11-16-2013 | 10:27 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

I have an HJC CL-Max11 modular and is well constructed helmet. For people that can't afford an Arai or a Shoei,this brand was one of our best sellers and easy to take my glasses on and off and have a normal conversation with people at a stop. Most people have had a tendency to have too loose of a fit on helmets. Must be snug and the key point is with a sharp blow to the chin area with your palm, the helmet must not be able to move about and touch any part of the chin area! Had a few novice motocross and enduro riders that found that out the hard way! Doesn't matter if it's a dirt bike or and atv,a good brain bucket is your best investment.Then move on to the foot wear next.