pick-ups rule!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2001 | 12:49 AM
|
Pro Rider

First time I could put the she in the Ranger...let me tell you something...I love it!!!
First cool thing : no trailer, no tight corners hassle, just standard car
Second cool stuff : the shee fits just right (actually a little tight-I had to push the wheels while closing the gate-), and I don't even need to strap it down.
Third cool stuff : now it takes a little less than Hiroshima like power to move those rear suspensions, I can even talk about comfort
Fourth cool stuff : everyone looked at me saying "yeah!"
Fifth cool stuff : loading is much easier than what I had thought...although I have done some modifications. I have no bumper (looks sharper), so the front wheels are hitting first (no risk of going through the rear window, and I made my own ramps with basic wood (a 1" thick 4" wide and 6' long + reinforcing 1-1/2" thick 2" wide 4' long). I put bolts so they are attached to the gate (thanks to everyone who told their ramp throwing stories), and I can ease my way up easily.

The only prob I could see is when the machine doesn't run (I guess it'd be nearly impossible to push it all the way up -easier to lift it-)

You have an ATV? make sure it fits in the bed (was a close call to me!), and get a pick up!!
Now I LOVE my Ranger.