have any of you noticed this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2001 | 12:24 AM
|
Pro Rider

I was traveling around looking at different ATV forums(different sites), and I have noticed that I have seen a lot of people on those, that used to be on these forums, but no longer are. I can see why though. It seems like a lot of people have been leaving the forum lately.

Old 04-14-2001 | 05:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sometime ago,some moderators ran this Forum Military style.Not the slightest amount of ''non family'' activity/words was allowed.That shoved alot of folks to other Forums,including myself.Others just got booted.Thats to bad,there were some that needed to get booted,however,most of them just could'nt put up with a Military style Forum and went elsewhere.

I had even been booted a few times.I e-mailed Dave Beckstrom,and was immediately re-instated.

To the Forum's defense,I think Dave has booted or a least talked to some Moderators and told them to lighten up on the Forum users.This Forum is a MUCH more enjoyable place than before,
Bill

Old 04-14-2001 | 10:49 AM
Range Rover

I for one visit this forum very little anymore.I at one time was a regular and this forum was the only place i would visit and post on.
I never posted any vulgar words nor bashed any one or thier machine.But because of the OVER MODERATION and the way this board is ran i decided to go else where.Im not bashing anyone ,im just saying why i left.I will visit this forum once in a GREAT while and post on it.But my posts are few and far.I figure that the people who control this board should take a good look at why they are loosing members and try to correct the problem or they could loose alot more....BOB

Old 04-14-2001 | 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

do you guys acually look at the banners? For a "family" site im not so sure they should avertising this: http://www.naturallove.net/?cxc=181204

Old 04-14-2001 | 11:58 PM
MNT
Pro Rider

It's NOT because of overmoderation. It's because there's NOTHING new on here anymore. The good writers quit. Even the half owner of this site quit. That tell ya something?

Old 04-15-2001 | 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

I can remember when this forum didn't have but a few thousand people. Now its way on up there. yall probably don't remember me because i had a different name, but i've been here for just about 2 yrs i believe and i'm not leaving. i'll admit i have said some things but i havn't been booted. The link at the bottom of my signature isn't working right now because i'm creating an awesome atv site with a chatroom and forums also.

Old 04-15-2001 | 06:11 PM
|
Pro Rider

well, I'm thinking about leaving this forum myself, as it seems as though everyone has changed on here. Alls you hear about is people bashing eachother, and their machines and it gets extremely irritating after a while. I have been on here for 2 years now, and it seems as if it's gotten alot worse instead of better. Everything here seems old, and out of date too. I've been visiting other forums and they seem much better to me, everyone gets along, there's always new stuff on them, and it's just all-around more fun. Hopefully this site will inprove?

Old 04-15-2001 | 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

IMHO this forum is missing something pretty basic... a good off-topic area. Of course this site is cool if you're into ATV's, but... there's not much else. Ever site (good site) I've seen has a busy off-topic area.

Old 04-17-2001 | 10:15 AM
Range Rover

yo yo ,

i have been using this site , only 4 'bout 4 months , i think .

i think i have over 70 or so posts so far .

i do like it here , but " 2 each his own " .

i find it easier 2 use compared 2 other atv site 4 um's.

i find the bash'n 2 b moderate here compared 2 other sites 2.

but , i can c u points 2 .

hey the net is " big McLarge huge " out there , so ur ur fav is out there , man .

c u ...luvs from PA .........i'm a chick its kewl

HAD a 88 Mojave

[ Rancher this May , i hope ]

Old 04-17-2001 | 01:37 PM
MNT
Pro Rider

1. This site does not have thousands of active users. The total number is a continous count from the begining and is quiet misleading I think. You see the same people on here everyday.

2. Since the "owners" of this site are splitting, the latest rumor I've heard is this site is going down in May. Could be why it's so sloooow the last few months.

And it's odd, no "member" of the "Full Throttle Club" (FTC) is bragging or saying anything about this feature. Is there anything in that area or did they just take your $$$$$ and send you a hat?

Anyway, there's other sites out there.

Quick Reply: have any of you noticed this?