Track plans, Jump sizes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2000, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friends and I just leased 2 acres of farm land today and we are planning on making a track to practice for the upcoming season. Im the only one out of the group who races in sanctioned events but they want the practice track to be as real as the other tracks. We are putting in a whoops section, 2 sets of doubles, a table top, starting box, berms and a high speed sweeper. We have access to 2 bobcats(mini skidsters), and a tractor with a plow attachment on the back for scraping. We would like to know any suggestions or plans of your own to throw into the melting pot of ideas. Let your imagination run wild! Any suggestions are apprieciated. Thanks for your time, happy riding!

Old 02-08-2000, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

Our best friend just purchased 125 acres of land. We are watching Huevos 1 & 2, etc... and getting ideas from that. We have a guy in town who has a track that his son practices MX on. It is set up for dirt bikes. We are taking what we like from that and what we don't like and not using that. My suggestion to you would be that if your friends are inexperienced in the least bit, any jump larger than 2 ft high that spans more than 6 ft long as a double, MAKE THEM ALL TABLETOPS! until you get good at judging speed/distance/pitch/etc... It is very difficult to get hurt if you come up short on a tabletop, however on a double or triple, depending on how short, you can get hurt really bad and break expensive quad parts. Hope it helps.

Old 02-14-2000, 02:22 PM
Range Rover

I made a few jumps, but never a real track. When you build the track don't dig a hole before the jump, and put the dirt on the jump, you will end up with a jump that has a big mud puddle at the end, unless you want a mud jump! As far as using hay bales, as fill under the jumps to cut down on dirt, they will last 1-2 years depending on the amount of rain they get. If you want a faster track, you reduce the angle on the take off ramp. It also helps to have a quad testing the jumps, and packing them down as you build it.