Alberta riders please read

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you who quad or sled in the Bighorn country in western Alberta we are about to lose our riding privilieges. The Bighorn Advisory group will be making recommendations to govt at the end of march and the outlook is not good. We will only have access to a portion of the trails and if people dont obey the new rules it will likely be closed for good. We need to stand up and be heard. Check out the following web pages for more info. Write letters to your Ministers and MLA's. If we dont make some noise we are going to lose our privileges.

http://www.bighorn.gov.ab.ca/
http://aohva.com/

Old 03-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Bluekodiak

I am too from Alberta just north of Edmonton and I ride occasionally around Rocky is that close to where you are talking about. I ride with a group of people wifes, kids included we go primarily around Medicine Lake but always looking for more scenery. There was government closure happening around Rocky Mountain House there last year and I attended that meating. It seems some tree huggers and a local trail rider oraganization tried to close down the park to all motorized vehicles. Of course you would have to pay to see our natural resources on the back of horse. Not that it is a bad thing but when a company is involved that isn't right.

I think we have talked once before we should get together do some riding.

Old 03-11-2002, 10:34 AM
Trailblazer

The area I am referring to is west of the forestry trunk road. The web pages I mentioned have maps of the area.

Let me know next time you are in this country and we will hook up for a ride.

Old 03-12-2002, 11:51 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info!

This is the first time I have seen/heard of AOHVA, thanks for the link.

Did you post this information on any of the other online messageboards? especially those with dedicated Canadian forums?

Cheers,

Old 03-12-2002, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

A little off the topic, but Bluekodiak, but were you at the Wallace Idaho ATV Jamboree a couple of Summers ago. I rode with a group of guys from Alberta, and one of them rode a blue kodiak. I'm sure there are many riders in Alberta with the same bike, but if you were at the Jamboree, drop me a line. I was thinking about heading back to Idaho to do some riding this Summer, and it would be cool to ride with the same group of guys again.

Old 03-13-2002, 10:26 AM
Trailblazer

Canadian Viking- I posted here and at highlifter, if you know of some forums with dedicated canadian content send me some info. Thanks.

Chad400ex- that wasnt me you rode with.

Old 03-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi I just read your note on forestry area. I'm from Calgary and this is news to me too.I hunt ,fish ,and quad in forestry. Is it too late to get the wagon for this? jim dvccamp@shaw.ca[img]i/expressions/fa...ll-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2002, 10:49 AM
Trailblazer

Redneckbikerdude- I sent you an email. Its not too late, send emails to all the MLA's and express your concerns. Spread the word to all your riding buddies. The more noise we make the better, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Canadianviking- I tried to reply to your email but it didnt go thru. Thanks for the other web pages.