I got arrested today!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 02:49 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got done reading all that on page two. I need a break today.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Chet

Old 03-11-2002, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

I grew up in the city (South Boston) and now i live in the sticks...on a dirt road no less. I have lots of experience with the law as well as several relatives "on the job". Blood relatives. this is what 32 years has taught me regarding "the Law".

Cops suck. unfortunatly they are necassary. again 80-90% are suck and 10-20% are trust worthy. The younger you are, the more likely your going to have a gun put in your face to scare the crap out of you and teach you a lesson. If i'm wrong...why is it people are surprised, even shocked when cops treat them fairly. It's because they don't expect it.

Sadly, a fair number of Law enforcement officers do not have a college background. Most are in these positions through family or politcal ties. Thats the City.

The Burbs are even worse. when i moved to NH from Ma...i was repeatedly pulled over 1am-2am coming home from work for breaking the speed limit by 5mph in a trap. i was told if i had NH tags this would not have happened. and if i had a NH License i would not be receiving a ticket.

I have called upon the police for assistance. that does not mean i agree with alot of their methods. i would however like to point out the degree of professionalism from state trooper versus Barney Pfieff. Most troopers are college educated and or come from a military back ground. again the word here is Professional.

it's Barney waiving his gun in a 14 year olds face that makes me nervous. What i'm reading here is... Barney's just doing his job. 14 year olds carry guns too you know. CRAP! not enough to warrant firearms placed in a child face. This is not acceptable behavior. i'm sure Barneys supervisor would have recommended he have been place in the cruiser while things were checked out.

What if you had an air cartridge or some kind of tool and it pulled out while removing your hand with your registration and he shot you dead. Your a kid. things happen when your scared. This guy sounds like he's on the edge. as are most cops.

Only in America can a Kid have a gun drawn on him for doing nothing other than being a kid. And everyone rush to justify a nervous cops reaction.

Don't bother replying to set me straight. i'm 32 and have formed my own opinions on my own life experiences. i also have family on the force and are privy to their side of the stories. it doesn't get any better. Hang out with a couple off duty cops sometime and share a beer or two...they'll be happy to tell you how the world is a piece of $hift and no-one not even children can be trusted. This is the RULE. The good cops that still use that part of their brain called rational are the exeption.

Old 03-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

Well I really didn't want to get into this debate / friendly argument, but I feel I guess I have a right to express my opinion as well as everybody else here. I have quite a bit of experience with cops in general. My father use to work for the Florida Highway Patrol many years ago. My father in law is the city county engineer. And so also works with the police force on a daily basis. I have been in and around sportbikes and ATV's for years. I have deffinately had my share of meeting bad cops and good cops. And I also have my stories of being mistreated espially on my sportbike. The joke in my family is that for every good cop there is two bad ones, Now one of my relatives that is also my friend and riding partner has decided to make the career move into law enforcement. The way I look at it is that we need some good police officers around for our sport, espially if there are so many out there willing to just flip out the ticket book without thinking twice or cuff you. Its like anything else, you cant assume that all cops are bad. I personally have had some terrible experiences in the past with the local law, but I have also had some good experiences as well. IF you have a bad legit experience with a particular cop then either take it up with him/her or the department, but don't treat all cops bad just because of the ones that are. Nor assume that the one that just pulled you over is being an a$$. He may just vary well be trying to figure out if your OK or just curious of what kind of ride you got.

Now those DNR officers.... yikes those are the ones we have to watch out for!
HEHE!

Old 03-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

azsand, i don't even know moose. i posted a reply and he just starts whaling on me and the kid. go figure.

Old 03-11-2002, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

i shivered with fear when he put his hand on his gun, but he didnt take it out. I thought I was a dead man, boy, kid... sort of.

Old 03-11-2002, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

thunderpower just related a story he said happened to him, all I said about that was we should be glad the police are looking for stolen quads. I didn't wail on him, I thought it was an interesting story & commited on it. As some have said it could have been handled diffrent but none of us were there except thunder & the police officer.
I would not mind a little inconvineance to know that someone was looking to catch lowlife quad thieves.

roadrash, you were the one that I belive had a B.S. story & I stand by my opinion on that.

As Mark Twain said better to keep your mouth shut & be thought a fool than to open your mouth & prove it.

Since this argument has screwed up thunderpowers thread I will apoligize to thunder & take Twains advice & keep my mouth shut on this argument. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2002, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

inconvenience? i don't think so

The craziest thing of all is that this is not uncommon. i was riding in a sand pit last summer in Maine. Cops all over the place. we were actually on the opposite side of the pit of them. they started heading towards us by foot on each side of the pit while a cherokee drove up the center of the pit.

We started talking quick. decided we were registered and will stay to face the music. two kids on YZ125's decided they would leave because they were'nt registered. They didn't haul ***. they simply rode off slowly with out making obvious eye contact.

The cops passed us and continued walking after the bikes. They knew there was a river and the bikes would have to turn around. So they hide in the bushes. soon enough, and we could here the bikes coming back. Agian not hauling just cruising. BAM! the Cops leap out and kick the lead bike in the gas tank and topple it over with the kid on it. His pal freaks. and blips the throttle out of there. enter the cherokee. they squeezed up against the side of the pit nearly hitting him. Jumps out screaming like a lunatic to get the F on The ground as he kicks his bike over and gun drawn aimed at his head. Asking him why the F he did'nt stop. and if he moves he will shot.

Turns out. they let them go and told them they were looking for a stolen YZ125. Any number of things could have gone wrong. and one of the bikes was brand new. If that makes you feel better because your quad got stolen...Wake Up. They acted like this because they were kids not adults on those bikes. don't think the cops did'nt wet their pants telling the story to one of the "brothers" later that night over a beer.

as far as the "what if it was your quad stolen?" I don't want my neighbors bullied because of my misfortune. But i do want them to do their jobs like Profesionals. Not pull over every kid on a raptor and scare the sheet out of him/her.

Old 03-11-2002, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

somtimes i wonder if the cops use the quad stolen story just so they dont get in trouble or have a reason for pulling you over?
i use to be a long hair hehehe and i got pulled over and after he used his flashlight to look threw my car i asked him what did i get pulled over for? he said tail light is out. so after he let me go i went into a parking lot and my taillights where fine? i think he was just looking for a lucky hit on a kid.
i also weight lifted at a gym where some town cops worked out too(( well pretended too heheh)) but a couple of them where cool and we spotted each other. but then 2 lamo cops come in there and i offer to spot for them and they totally ignored me like i wanted to be there friend to get out of tickets. so screw those 2 i see them all the time acting like TUFF cops around town.

Old 03-11-2002, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

Back in December I was this || close to being arrested for stealing a quad. The kid the street from me (who I have gone riding with a few times before. He is 14, and I am 14.) stole a quad from a guy down the street from us. He came down to my house one day and we went riding for a bit, and the next day he said he had to get a bill of sale from the guy he bought it from. I saw him riding down the street, he stoped and said he was bringing it to his cousin to borrow. The next day a (huge, tall, and strong looking guy) came to my door and just yelled at me "What were you doing on my property!". I had no idea what the guy was talking about, he scared the crap out of me. He showed me this "bill of sale" he found in the tool box. It said that I sold the quad to the kid. But lucky for me, the kid spelled my name wrong. We got the cops to my house, and the kid told like four different stories. I found out that for like the past 3 weeks from the day I found out about the quad being stolen, that he would take it for a few hours, and bring it back, but the time we went riding, he had it for a week. I've heard that the cops will take your quad if they catch your riding on the road or places they dont want you too, so we have 2 of our quads registered so they cant be taken away. If I were to be arrested for quads, I would want to be in my riding gear.

Old 03-11-2002, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

well after a serious absence from this forum, i returned to see the same ole " i hate cops " blah blah blah stories being thrown around. now i have decided to go out here and post my 2 cents. last summer i was riding with some buds out in the country, a couple of dirt roads, and we decided to ride closer to the town to visit a friend. I am fully aware of the laws in MS and i knew that riding the roads was unsafe/illegal. this was a choice i made and i took my consequences. we were waiting to cross the highway whenever i saw a MHP coming down the road. he flew over to our side of the road, lights blazing, sirens wailing in full " movie cop " fashion. he jumped out of his car and immediately lectured all of us. HOWEVER, never in the entire conversation did he ever mention taking our bikes or taking us to jail, on the other hand, i learned of several laws that i did not know of and he let us go with out question. Also, as a motorist, i have been pulled over around 10 times and i have remained ticket-free. how? honesty! 90% of the times i was pulled over and i deserved it, whether it be speeding, disregard of various traffic devices, etc , etc i was at fault. now i have been victim of the a$$hole cop syndrome, but i also have several family members in law enforcement and i understand their problems/job stresses fully. whenever anyone else is on the job and they get an attitude or are having a bad day, its perfectly ok. BUT everybody bitches and whines whenever cops are having a bad day or have an attitude. why do you people expect these people to be perfect model citizens with the happiest of attitudes and a servant style flair about them??? for all you know, the cop could have just had a difficult run-in with a drug dealer or a burgular, the last thing the cop needs/wants is you or me bit*hing about the way he treats us, he is a person, he gets stressed, he gets mad, he has bad days! So why dont you think twice before you make these assumptions, give cops some credit, you fault them for all the stuff they do and never praise them for what they manage to do, when was the last time u saw at a cop at a convienent store and thanked him for arresting that punk kid that was selling dope near your sons/daughters school?

just some food for thought!

Quick Reply: I got arrested today!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!