Goggles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 12:57 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear glasses and without goggles my top speed is around 30mph. Too many tears to see!
For some reason the wind cuts in behind the glasses and it's actually worse than having nothing on at all. I bought a pair of Scott OTGs (over the glasses) and they do fit but without a helmet they are bigger than my head (almost as big as a scuba mask). Big enough in fact that the wind will pull them off. Obviously they are made to be worn with a helmet. Short of buying and wearing a helmet, so that I don't look like Fearless Fly, does any one know of a better pair?

Old 04-20-2002, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

I hate to be the one to say this....but WEAR a helmet! I use to be a cyclist and have seen TOO many wrecks without one and that's just a bicycle! I also have been in the medical field since '88, wont even go there with what i have seen as far as head injuries. If you are not comfortable with a helmet...look into a half helmet with a zip off ear piece. They run only about 50 bucks or less and you can wear the goggles with it. Might cramp your STYLE, but will save your life. Hear, it is the law. 50$ helmet or 80$ ticket. I personally think it is a good law.

RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD...

BE SAFE!

Jonathan

Old 04-20-2002, 08:46 AM
Range Rover

Frogman,
I knew the answer to this before I asked. You are absolutely right and that is what I will more than likely do. It's a peer pressure thing. No one wears a helmet for trail riding around here. I've been looking at helmets for a few weeks now and the only one I've tried that actually felt comfortable was the Arai. 350 bucks! Ouch, and I need two.
There are so many reasons to wear one and none for not wearing one.

Old 04-21-2002, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Well Wolley, at least your on the right track. Tell ya what...If ya ride with a group, and they dont wear helmets, just wait (praying that it doesnt happen) but i bet if you and another did have an accident, you would be the one walking away. Good luck with your search. AND take a look at those half helmets. Pretty comfy.

Jonathan

Old 04-21-2002, 02:20 AM
Range Rover

i read todays paper and there was 2 girls riding an atv and it went off the road and hit tree .one of them is DEAD.YOU DONT WEAR A HELMET MAKE SURE AND SIGN AN ORGAN DONOR CARD!!!!! so some body who likes life can enjoy it.no helmet=organ donor plain and simple!

Old 04-21-2002, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

i'm sure you can find a helmut cheaper than $350 you can get a decent one for about $200, you just have to know where to look! try denniskirk.com or Rockymountain.com.
as for goggles, when you do get a good pair it might be a good idea to buy some cleaner and clean them all of the time. they will last a whole lot longer and save you some money.

Old 04-22-2002, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

U can pick up a good one for about a 100 bucks I bought 2 for 99 each and tehy are SNELL approved! Check some motor cycle shops around u I'm sure u can find a real good one for about 100.

Old 04-22-2002, 11:28 PM
Range Rover

I bought one today. A little bit of overkill (Answer M7). It's comfortable and didn't seem to bother me on this afternoons 2 hour ride. The 650 just crossed the 10 hour mark and the helmet gave me the confidence to wring it out some. VERY impressive quad![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thanks for the very sound advice. Now we gotta get one for the Boss and we'll be set.

Old 04-23-2002, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Good to hear that you got hemets!!!!

Enjoy your rides!

Jonathan

Old 04-23-2002, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great! You set the example and apply the peer preasure to your friends. Friends don't let friends ride helmetless.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Goggles?