atvs are great for those with a disability

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 11:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red rider,do you trail ride any? Where at? How do you start the R. I had start my old 200x,blaster, banshee with my hand.Have you ever tried puting your brakes together?

Old 05-04-2002, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

RaptorACDC,

I am leaving for IL this week sometime...have to help my dad. TELL YA WHAT...i would LOVE to go ride...IL/IN have very few long trails to ride on...how is KY????

PM me with your email and i will keep in touch with you...i may be in IL for the rest of the summer...depends on how fast i can get my dad's business off the ground.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan

Old 05-04-2002, 11:51 PM
Range Rover

Jonathan,there is alot of riding at LBL. I only ride there about 1 or 2 times a year. I have a couple of places within 20 min. from my house Ican ride . I like to go to LBL on holiday weekends. IT's neat to see all the rail buggies climb hills.

Old 05-05-2002, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer

i where flexfeet just kick it over like nomorl . and not put much thought into the break . i just ride it like i stole it lol. had my frist race last night blew a bead frist moto but got the whole shot . next moto anouther whole shot but ran out of steam can we say out of shape lol and i tral ride here in michigan an do silver lake a few times but not now every thing has to be 94 DBS so imm done with that place.

Old 01-06-2003, 02:21 PM
Range Rover
Default atvs are great for those with a disability

I thought I would pop this back up and see if it would catch some more post.

Old 01-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

my dad was in a bad car wreck a few years back. he broke his neck and he is paralized from his chest down. he has never really been into quads, but he has been ever since me and my brother got into it. we tried to find a way that he would be able to ride the trailboss, but the mods,(backrest, steering wheel, restraints,,etc..)would cost to much to justify him riding. he loves to watch atv races on TV.

Old 01-06-2003, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

A few months ago we ran across a couple of dudes on big Polaris quads at a sand pit about 5 miles from the Big Scrub campgrounds. Stopped and shot the breeze with them in between blasts into the sand pit. After our posse left and got to the next stopping point one of the boys said that both of those Polaris riders were waist down paralyzed! I had no clue by the way they were ripping around the pit! I wondered why they didn't get off their quads. Needless to say, I was highly impressed! Ride on brothers!!!

Old 01-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Range Rover

Polaris is a great quad for those with disabilities. I ride a z400. All I had to do was raise the gearshift and add the rear brake line to the front mastercylinder.

Old 01-10-2003, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

This has got to be, hands down, one of the best threads I've ever had the pleasure of responding to.

If we ever get our organizational act 'together' in this sport and are finally able to bring forward some of these individuals (disabled or not) who have such PASSIONATE stories to tell about how atving and 'access' have changed their lives....................I'm not sure the people standing in our way would have even half a chance of keeping us out.

I have seen a few people up here on the net that could get pretty worked up about the sport they enjoyed and not afraid to intelligently tell it like it is and should be. If we ever achieve 'half' of what we all decide is 'right to do' in our endeavors.....................let's not ever forget the impact that these people's stories will have in helping us get there.

Stories like this, along with individual clubs helping kids and seniors access the outdoors; is what our sport should 'really' be all about.

John

(I'm sorry, but when you listen to a guy emotionally talk about his right to ride in relation to his guns and a little girl who couldn't climb a dune weren't it not for a motor and some wheels............THESE are the people that should be empowering us!)

Old 01-12-2003, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

If you know someone with a disability, invite the on a ride if you have an extra quad. I have a friend that has ridden and raced with me for many years. That has been cool.

Quick Reply: atvs are great for those with a disability