DO NOT do business with Cycles Etc, located at 1624 Route 9, Clifton Park, NY 12065 518-373-0151

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO NOT do business with Cycles Etc, located at 1624 Route 9, Clifton Park, NY 12065 518-373-0151

do not do business with Cycles Etc, located at 1624 Route 9, Clifton Park, NY 12065 518-373-0151 They do very bad work, and are incompitant morons who don't know anything. Today i went there to pick up a part for my carb I ordered last saturday, to come home, then find out they ordered the wrong part.[last saturday I had the part with me, the guy knew what it was, looked it up in his manual and ordered the part] I go back there to sort out the missunderstanding on his part, and the guy flips out on me and yells at me like its my fault saying he can't return the part because its open, he then proceeds to rip apart the baggy the carburator part came in, and says "This is what I can do with this part" and proceeds to throw the part along with the ripped up baggy across the room while staring at me like he wanted to kill me, the part then slams into the wall across the room.Even after requesting my money back for the part he starts swearing at me using obscene words while yelling at me from behind the counter.After about 5 more minutes of him yelling at me, telling me he can't return the part because its opened. [never heard of this at any retail or shop in my life] He takes my receipt, throws it away, and gives me back the $16 I paid for the part.The guy kind of scared me because he flipped out on me like it was my fault. I have never experienced anything like this in my life, whatever happened to "The customer is always right"
at no point did I raise my tone of voice, nor use any foul language.I am 18 years old by the way...

Complete bullsh*t don't you think?

please respond and tell me what you think

Old 05-21-2002, 02:05 PM
Trailblazer

You should have gone straight to the owner or general manager and had them come and talk to this bozo while he was still ranting.

There is NO excuse for someone acting like that, especially to a customer.

Old 05-22-2002, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

Biffblaster, hurt them in the wallet. Take your business elsewhere and get your buddies to join you.

Old 05-24-2002, 09:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I work in the parts department of a Chevrolet dealership. Even though the job can be very agravating at times, there is NO excuse to do that to a customer. Demand to speak to the stores manager/owner/his boss and let them know how you were treated.

If the person IS the owner or manager, then all you can do is tell everyone how they do business. Take out an add in your local paper.
Freedom of speach can be a powerful tool!!

ps.... Special ordered parts can NOT be returned the the factory if the package is opened or damaged. The stores eats the cost of the part. Which in your case they paid maybe 11-12 bucks.

Old 05-26-2002, 04:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Biffblaster i live down the road from you in saratoga. maybe we can hook up sometime and ride? I have dealth with Cycles Ect and know what you mean. I have ordered some parts from them a few times and 1/2 the time the wrong part comes in. Not only that but they take like a week to get parts in. When i want a part i want it in a day or 2. I'm really glad what happen with you there didnt turn into a fight. If i was there I probably would have had a few words in exchange. Might have turned into a fight. I dont know to many people that have good stuff to say about them. I havent done business with them since my teenage years nor do i plan on doing any business with them ever again. I dont know if you deal with seymours down the road but i have come very close to beating up there head mechanic a couple years ago and they constantly lie there. Thats a whole nother story and this isnt the place and time for it. I discourage people from buying stuff from them. I would look else where from them also. If you ever want to hear about my run in with them I will tell you about it. Until then i hope you better luck with another place.

Old 05-28-2002, 04:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey BiffBlaster, I was wondering how Cycles Etc was...now I know. I will make sure I pass along the service they supply. I only live down the road from them. I also will take the information about Seymours and pass that along as well.

I just bought an ATV and am looking for people to ride with in the Albany area. I have a few places to ride but would like to have a few more, so they don't get boring. What type of riding do you do most often? Any good mudding in the area, or just straight riding. There is one place up in the Adirondacks that has miles of good riding, but it is almost an hour and a half away.

Any infomation would be very helpful. Lets get together and ride.

Ranchero

Old 05-28-2002, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]Hey Guys there is a place north of Cycles Ect. on Rt. 9 called
TJ kart @ quad shop. They have always been good for parts, BUT
------ DO NOT GO THERE FOR REPAIRS !~! ------
work that you don't need, takes to long, is not done right, or done at all if you know what you need there a good place
Rob

Old 05-31-2002, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

Hey guys thanks for the replys.Yea I have dealt with TJ cycle before, the mechanics totally messed up my blaster when I took it there, I took it there after I got fed up with trying to re-jet it, they then tell me they had to disconnect the TORS system and I had a bent crank [which I found out I did] so a few weeks after I brought the blaster home, I went to see if it would start after sitting.Now the motor doesnt have a spark, and the mechanic cut a bunch of wires on my wiring harness and screwed everything up, as of now I need a new ignition coil.When I went back to complain to TJ cycle about their work, they told me they fired the mechanic, and they could not fix the problem after they messed the blaster up. so basically I was Sh*t out of luck.

I'll get back to you guys in a few weeks about meeting up to go riding sometime, for now the blasters motor is at my friends house as we are doing a complete rebuild and modding to the motor.

1996 Blaster New mods and pictures

Old 05-31-2002, 12:34 AM
Trailblazer

Almost forgot about your riding question.
I used to ride down at this track off in the woods some people made over the years, it was next to some train tracks so now we are banned from riding there and there is railway police always hanging out down there to catch you and fine you.It was located off Pierce Road off exit 10 in Clifton Park, right next to the Parts Unlimited warehouse.
I ride at my dads camp up in Corinth new york, its about 3,000 acres ranging from rivers, mud bogging, to straight-away roads for high speed riding for miles.Where do you guys ride?

Old 05-31-2002, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

kudos to you biff your obviously are paitient person to take such bull he would have came over that counter and followed those parts into the wall had he had pulled such a childish stunt with me.but trash like that pray's on good people.so your warning is heeded.

Quick Reply: DO NOT do business with Cycles Etc, located at 1624 Route 9, Clifton Park, NY 12065 518-373-0151