ATV Accident

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2000, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A teen in Harborcreek, PA died today riding an ATV. She was riding on the back while another male teen was driving it up a hill, it flipped and the quad landed on her head before rolling back down the hill. thats all I know for now.

Old 03-17-2000, 08:26 PM
r34
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats terrible....sorry to here that...

Old 03-17-2000, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

I'm sorry to say this but, this sport is getting very popular and these ATV's are very fast. A lot of new riders who have not ever rode before go out and buy the baddest quads because thier buddys have them. This is going on now with the snowmobile industry. Here in Michigan with a mild winter there was 37 people KILLED!this last season.New technology has high hp and smooth rides which makes it seem like the high speeds are no big deal . The ATV industry got a bad rap from the three wheelers and have tried to make things safer, I dont think we will see a peak from this sport for a few years so we have not seen the worst yet. All we can do is try to educate people and hope for the best.

Old 03-17-2000, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I heard about that on the news. I think that my friend's sister knew the girl. It happened only about 5.5 miles from my house. Kinda scary when you think about it. By the way Trail Boss where do you ride in Erie??

Old 03-18-2000, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer

I mostly ride on private land, I also ride around marienville every once in a while. I'm planning on goin to the Tour de Forest ride too.

Old 03-18-2000, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

Do you know where 6-mile creek is? Thats were me and most of my friends ride.

Old 03-18-2000, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

no I dont know where that is, is it a good place to ride?

Old 03-18-2000, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah its pretty fun there lots of trails and a creek. Its not to far from I-90.

Old 03-19-2000, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

Trailboss what is the Tour de Forest Ride?
Thanks

Old 03-20-2000, 09:22 AM
Range Rover

You are so right SportsmanDave. There are lots of accidents that happen that most people don't hear about.

My wife is an ICU RN in Neuro (head injuries). She said on average she sees over a dozen a year with ATV related trama's. All the ones she sees are serious. Many are paralized, some from the neck down.. and that is FOR THE REST of THEIR LIVES. They can't do anything. (Just take a min and think how you would feel if you had to wear a diaper and have someone clean you for the rest of your life.) And the sadest part, most are avoidable. I know many are saying, That will never happen to me, it's the other guy. Well somedays YOU are the "other guy"

The reason for my reply is simple.

One- Think when you ride.
Two- Practice safe riding.
Last- Speak up when you see something that's unsafe.

Ok, they may think your a whimp, or none of your business etc, But at least you can say, "I did all I could" Instead of " I told you so"

It's a fun sport/hobby and injuries will happen from time to time given the nature of it. Lets keep it fun and the injuries to minor cuts and bruises.

(off soap box now)

Quick Reply: ATV Accident