Wife poses interesting offer.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 03:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy the 2 seater. Something about ***** hitting me in the back.....and not nessicarily my wifes.......

Old 09-06-2002, 10:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yep, sorry honey, if you want to ride, we got to sell the TB and then buy that Bomb. I am keeping the Scram for when I go out on my own

RoostKing...

Old 09-07-2002, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

America - God bless it. I remember when the motorcycle helmet laws allowing the choice of wearing a helmet or not was going to triple the fatality rates - it didn't. Recreational pilots did not kill themselves in every corn field between here and Omaha and pilots can't fly the airplane during a hijack - if they are dead. Somebody is always forecasting doom and despare whenever somebody else wants to do something different. Try standing in the mirror and see if you feel the same way.

A two-up machine provides the room and safety that a whole lot of people don't have now - but ride two up anyways. Hell, I've seen mom and dad and 3 kids clinging to a single quad on forest trails. Our preception of what is right, what is safe and what is wrong is being forced into new definitions. Is it wrong? Maybe - maybe not. Maybe we need several seats! A stretch limo-style ATV! Quad Canoe? Why should the family be outlawed from enjoying the public trails and outdoor adventure those of us with the financial ability to buy individual machines enjoy? Whom is protecting whom? Where does your right to infringe on my recreation come from? I think it comes from your worry that the "beverly hillbillies" on the quad will slow you down or get in your way.

My buddy and I ride 2-up with our significant others and the wimmin enjoy that more than riding their own machines. We ride the rockies, the black hills, swamps and forest. Yes we don't keep up with the butt heads running flat out - but nobody died and made them the speed patrol.

You want to protect me? I can't ride 2-up because you think your protecting me? Does that mean I have to stop skydiving because it scares you? Does my flying high performance stunt aircraft make your knees shake? How about the reconditioned Russian fighter jets we fly? Are you going to poo-poo those also? Is my snowmobile to fast for you? Remember - when they come for your toys - who will stand up for you?

Again, try selling that to the man in the mirror...

Old 09-07-2002, 11:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree with WhoDat... i happen to enjoy having a female ride with me, do I think its any less unsafe? Maybe for her when I haul butt. But dont tell her she cant ride with me. Its her life, its my life, and its your life... Who gave these people the right to legislate my safety? Same with helmets. I used to not wear a helmet, fortunately i never got hurt, but I do now, its my choice... Should everyone? Probably, will my kids (when I have some!!!) Yes, will they when they are supporting themselves?? Dont know, tis their choice as an adult..

RoostKing...

Old 09-09-2002, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Well said Whodatindamud. Let people make up their own minds. If they make the wrong decision they will have to live with it. I wear a helmet by choice when I ride my cannondale and am hauling a$$. When I am riding my sportsman I am put putting around with my wife or one of my kids on the back. I dont wear one because I dont go on anything except the easiest trails. Every time we let them take a right from us we get a little bit closer to communism. I may not always make the right decisions but nobody else should be able to make one for me. The goverment thinks they can justify it just because they paid someone to do a study that has never ridden an atv. That junk just dont cut it with me!

Old 09-14-2002, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

The problem is most people today are not responsible for their own actions. Remember why Honda doesn't make a higher performance quad.

Personally if you kill your self doing somethings stupid it strentghs the gene pool. I'm for taking down the walk/don't walk signs. If you don't look first it's your fault. Remove the stickers on hair drys that say "Don't use in the shower" all this.

I bought the wife a 2000 Honda Rancher ES she rode it twice for a total of 4 hours. It's gone the wifes still here.

Smitty

Old 09-14-2002, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

Well I have decided to sell the TB but the purchase of a 2 up quad will wait for a while. If her level of interest increases I may get one.

Thanks for the replies guys !!!

As for the debate going on here. If people in this country weren`t so quick to place blame on manufacturers for their stupidity or neglect we wouldn`t need all these warnings, laws and regulations. I have seen someone on the trail with a car bench seat on the rear rack of a quad with 3 kids in it. People will do dangerous things regardless of the possible conciquences to them. In my opinion.