Wife poses interesting offer.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little history first. In 2000 I bought her a TB because she said she wanted to ride with me. It is now Aug. 2002 she has ridden it once. Friends have ridden a couple of times other wise it has just sat in the garage for 2 years now.

She sees the new 2up Traxter and says she would rather have one of those vs her own quad. My dilema`s are that I do not have the money to purchase the quad without selling the TB or the Scram and do I want to do this.

Option 1 keep Scram and sell TB or ...
Option 2 keep TB (modify somewhat) sell Scram and have more money towards purchase of Traxter.

I may opt to do neither or just sell the TB and get nothing. Just looking for what others might do in this situation.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Old 08-27-2002, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Man, I wouldn't sell the scrambler. That is one sweet machine. I had a friend who had a scrambler 400 and really kicks himself for getting rid of it.

Old 08-27-2002, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Is the machine actually even legal to ride in N.Y.; or just in states like TN.?

I could be wrong on this, but I don't believe this machine has been approved for use under the agreements the govt. and the manufacturers made when 4-wheelers came out (whereas in certain states, 2-up just doesn't seem to matter.........for now).

Always thought Canada and the rest of the world were their first primary markets for this machine. Somebody please set me straight on this............

John

Old 08-27-2002, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

In the latest Dirt Wheels they did a review on it. In the article Bomb. says it is legal to operate in the US and Canada with the exception of Iowa for some reason. I would think the manufacturer did there homework before they started developing it.

It could be an easier way to ride more and thats a good thing even if she is screaming her head off back there.

Old 08-28-2002, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, Easteregg.

ATV Review (?) claims that '38' states have legalized them; with CA. and FL. among the holdouts presently.

To me, it's funny that I don't think twice of two-up with a motorcycle 'on-road'; and still can forsee problems with 2-up on four wheels 'off-road'.

While I'm a big fan of personal responsibility and rights; who knows if the average guy/gal will make the proper decisions that keep an inordinate people from getting hurt bad on these things.

My fear is that because of the greatly reduced initial cost for any two people to get into the sport; people will be extremely anxious to start riding the primo mountainous regions they've only read about and......... (you fill in the blank).

Have just rode too many places on supposedly 'easy' graded trails that I wouldn't even THINK of taking a passenger with me on (purpose built machine or not).

John

Old 08-28-2002, 07:34 PM
Range Rover

<<
ATV Review (?) claims that '38' states have legalized them; with CA. and FL. among the holdouts presently.

To me, it's funny that I don't think twice of two-up with a motorcycle 'on-road'; and still can forsee problems with 2-up on four wheels 'off-road'.

While I'm a big fan of personal responsibility and rights; who knows if the average guy/gal will make the proper decisions that keep an inordinate people from getting hurt bad on these things.

My fear is that because of the greatly reduced initial cost for any two people to get into the sport; people will be extremely anxious to start riding the primo mountainous regions they've only read about and......... (you fill in the blank).

Have just rode too many places on supposedly 'easy' graded trails that I wouldn't even THINK of taking a passenger with me on (purpose built machine or not).

John
>>

Excellent points Michimaniac, these thoughts have occured to me too. I hope they are safer than they sound. We don't need to add fuel to the anti-ATV fires.(the're already hot enough)

EasterEgg, I'd keep what you have. That me though!

Old 08-28-2002, 09:01 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kick the wife out keep both quads and then buy you a new pickup.

Old 08-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

I don`t think it would be a wise move but she did have me thinking. I also hate to see the TB sit but she`s against selling it and it is hers. I too agree it could put another blemish on the atv reputation but I think it will apeal to experienced riders vs new comers. Its hard enough to learn on your own let alone with 2. Maybe it could be used as a trainer for newbies?

Thanks for input guys !!!

ftwflh
I just bought a 02 Sierra PU but I still need her to watch the kids while I ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2002, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

If she rode the TB once or twice, she doesn't like this sport. Why do you think she will start riding now.I'd say,honey,you had your chance and you blew it,so I don't wanna hear about it.

Old 08-29-2002, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer

You are in a tough spot. darned it you do and darned it you dont. No matter what you do you are going to be wrong. You realize that women are always right and what they say is not what they mean. And you have to be able understand what they are truly meaning even though they dont say it. So be sensitive to her feelings when you tell her to go out and get a job so she can buy that new atv if she wants it so bad. And leave you and your atv alone.

Quick Reply: Wife poses interesting offer.