We Must Be Making Headway Against The Greenies

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002 | 02:26 PM
|
Pro Rider

The LA Times (terribly biased left-wing rag), has had several articles lately about off-road land use and environmental issues. Most have showcased how upset the greenies are with the new desert management plans, and the BLM's effort to reopen large portions of Glamis. They always complain that the Bush administration doesn't kiss up to them like the Clinton/Gore administration did. The fact that they are complaining so loudly, says a lot!!!

Old 09-16-2002 | 07:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am suprised to see seventeen people have read this topic yet none have replied, it could be the best topic I have ever seen posted! We all need to be worried about our diminishing riding areas, and our chances at new ones. This should be one of the most discussed topics on the website, AFTER ALL, IF WE DO NOT DISCUSS PROBLEMS LIKE THIS, HOW ARE WE GOING TO RESOLVE THEM?

I propose this: If you read this and have any say, if you know of a place that has been shut down (for any reasons beyond lack of funds on the part of the owners) PLEASE LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!

We might be able to make a difference, heck I'm only seventeen years old and I think that even I could do something to preserve our hobbie's habitat.

Please contribute to this discussion.

Old 09-17-2002 | 08:47 AM
Pro Rider

That is the entire problem ther Green tree huggers are organized like a bunch of wolves preying on and unorganized herd they get a little bug in there ear from some stupid politician and they let them fight the battle. They are so narrow minded, they are part of the problem instead of the solution!!!!!! They can never go for a happy medium they always have to go for all or nothing!!! We have to get organized agianst the TREE ****'S[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2002 | 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

Watch out 'Tree ****'s', the offroaders are organized! The American Sand Association along with other offroad interest groups will not back down!

There are links on the top of the Dune Zone to the ASA, Blue Ribbon, and San Diego Off-road coalitions that have plenty of info and ways that you can help. Please get involved before the 'Tree ****'s' come after YOUR riding area!

Old 09-17-2002 | 01:29 PM
|
Pro Rider

The kind of people who off-road are by nature very independent. We take responsibility for ourselves, and don't expect someone else to bail us out. We go out on 100 mile rides in the desert, and if we break down, well we will just have to get ourselves out. So, it is difficult to get people like us to organize. (A good example is that right now this topic has had only 43 hits. Go to the Honda forum and see how many hits there has been on a "Honda let us down again" post!!!)

There are ACTUALLY VERY FEW GREENIES!! Talk to your neighbors. All of them will shake their head and tell you the Sierra Club is a bunch of wackos. What makes the few greenies so powerful is their organization, and a kind of extreme apostolic furvor that is based on emotion, not logic!!

I do medical research, and in our lab we have studied the causes of brain disease. My professional opinion is that these few people suffer from a form of "obsessive compulsive disorder", that compels them to take up some cause, be it animal rights, environmentalism, or what ever (a generation ago, they would have been the communists). They make their cause sound logical, and suck in politicians and rich folks that will support their neurotic behavior. Above all else, they really HATE PEOPLE. To them, the world would be better if mankind was extinct!!

Old 09-17-2002 | 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

NICELY PUT YZGUY, thanks, that opens my eyes that would be otherwise closed and oblivious. I am suprised to gain soo much knowledge about something that I thought that I allready understood, THANK YOU AGAIN.

WE SHALL UNITE SOMEHOW, WE MUST BFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

Old 09-19-2002 | 12:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

well guy's the frist thing is where you have this posted most people here a just surfing not partiapating[sorry im not even going to try again]and secondly the greenies attacked the most wealthy dunes in the country and found they can't out finace the fight.the people who play at the imperial dunes have a little money to spare for fun and even more to put up a good fight and the people are commited to protecting our dunes.people put in a lot of cash and time to save our dunes and it appears to be paying off!!

Old 09-20-2002 | 09:09 AM
Pro Rider

AZsand,

I think you're alluding to the fact that you haven't seen any discussions on an atv web site that would make some greenie 'afraid' or give them a clue that we were even remotely organized.............

The only lunch they 'don't' eat is off of YOUR guy's plates in the sand out west.

Great work that you all should be proud of; what better feeling than knowing you've saved some area in order that ALL can enjoy it tomorrow.

Thanks for understanding (and explaining) how 'pathetic' the rest of us really are when compared to the other motorized riders that thave come before us.

John