The amount of Ignorance is killing me!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The amount of Ignorance is killing me!

the freedom to be ourselves
That's what I thought this County stood for...Well said Roostking...Misspelling is not meant to be disrespectful. It is an expression.

Old 03-06-2003, 07:12 PM
Range Rover

Eh? Who did the what, now?

Old 03-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Range Rover

An expression of what?.....Stupidity? If you're proud to express that...ummm?...go get 'em?, I guess?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I hope that's not what this country stands for though. America is above that. Freedom yes,....freedom to be ignorant?....I guess that comes along with it.

Maybe it's better to look at it this way: The more dumb people out there....the less competition I have in my career. It's a Win-Win situation. You get want you want, and I get what I want. In retrospect, THANK YOU TO ALL THE DUMB PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY!!!

Later,

SprtsMNFan

Old 03-06-2003, 11:49 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: sprtsmnfan
An expression of what?.....Stupidity? If you're proud to express that...ummm?...go get 'em?, I guess?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I hope that's not what this country stands for though. America is above that. Freedom yes,....freedom to be ignorant?....I guess that comes along with it.

Maybe it's better to look at it this way: The more dumb people out there....the less competition I have in my career. It's a Win-Win situation. You get want you want, and I get what I want. In retrospect, THANK YOU TO ALL THE DUMB PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY!!!

Later,

SprtsMNFan

I couldn't agree more!

Old 03-06-2003, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah...that's right...it stands for freedom...not JUDGEMENT.

I guess a person has a right to choose whether or not they want to learn, use proper english, type, etc.

And I agree with you, sprtsmnfan, it may work out to the advantage of those who put forth the effort to gain those simple skills. Why should I care if somebody, who I will probably never meet, can spell or speak properly??? Especially if THEY do not care.

Old 03-07-2003, 12:12 AM
Range Rover

What about the freedom to judge?

Everyone gets judged in life...By employers...By the opposite sex...By people you meet on the street. Judgements are made from the impressions you give. You don't have to care what <u>any</u> of the above think (or what I think, for that matter), but what <u>they</u> think may alter your life. How people act in this forum doesn't matter...In the real world it could. If that doesn't matter to you, ignore any or all of what I just said.

Old 03-07-2003, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

What is FREEDOM??? Freedom=doing what one wants...have one's fling...feel at home...stand on one's rights...etc (and judge the misspellers on ATV CONNECTION)
Who said you couldn't judge?? G'head and judge away!!! We all do!!
Everyone gets judged in life...By employers...By the opposite sex...By people you meet on the street. Judgements are made from the impressions you give. You don't have to care what any of the above think (or what I think, for that matter), but what they think may alter your life.
LOL...thanks for the little lesson on life...heh...heh...heh

Old 03-07-2003, 02:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i knew there was a reason i never went into this section of the forums...and here i thought i was a trouble maker. ATVgirl, if you need something else to do at 2am give me a hollar. maybe ill make you hollar LOL jk u know im playing babe.

Old 03-07-2003, 08:01 AM
Trailblazer

Well I see that we do have alot of people that CAN spell so that it can be understood and I think that is great! I don't know where this idea of judgement came from but I think that it has been responded too very well!

Thanks to those that have pointed out my own spelling mistakes! I do not use the spell check and I am human and have never stated that I am perfect but it seems that I have been able to be understood. I think that if you live in the USA and are a citizen that we are all able to enjoy the FREEDOM that has been given to us by the Constitution and within the laws of this great country of ours. Sadly to say, there will be those that will remain ignorant and I guess that is good for Mcdonalds, and other no brainer jobs but I don't believe that as an American I can sit and watch the ignorance grow! Expression in the form of ignorance will get you nowhere and that is just a FACT of life!

As I stated in my first post, I believe that we all have knowledge we are seaking or willing to share but that it is difficult to do if it is not presented so that it can be understood!

It seems that this thread has found quite an audience as it is one of the most responded to threads on this site. Which I think is fantastic as it shows there are alot of people that would like to see the same thing!

Old 03-08-2003, 05:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

It's funny how you talk about ignorance and how a lot of us have it. By the way, "a lot" is two words. Just to help your vocabulary. It seems that you (and others) point out McDonalds as a low class job. At least these people are working, and not living off our tax dollars like "old" people (cough cough gramps).

And yes...i do respect my elders...

Quick Reply: The amount of Ignorance is killing me!