What is your favourite or what do you think is the best truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003 | 10:56 PM
Range Rover
Default What is your favourite or what do you think is the best truck

Awww is the "Ford" Fans jealous cause Ford dint come out with the Quadrasteer first, huh?? Haha. My Favorite Truck would be a 2003 Silverado 2500 HD with the 6.6L V8 Duramax Diesel 300HP 520lb-ft of torque, Also a set of 38 Inch TSL Super Swampers. BUT the BEST looking truck on the road right now the new Dodge! Im a huge Chevy fan but i love the new Dodge and wouldnt mind havin one. And i hate people who are so hard headed enough not to think so, Im a Chevy fan but i dont consider it to be the best, its just a opinion and Ford is not the best either. Chevy and Ford have been competing since 1915 and is still the biggest competitors in the world, but GM is the biggest Car/Truck Industry in the U.S. and i imagine the world.

Old 04-04-2003 | 01:31 AM
|
Pro Rider

eiger ya i would think so 2 with gmc and chevy trucks combined i'm sure they sell more then fords
sure dodge sold lots of there new trucks but if you look at the major redesign years its fords turn it was ford in 96 chev in what was it 99 or something, and now dodge in 03 interesting to see if they do have a major overhaul soon peace

Old 04-04-2003 | 01:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Eiger4x4
Awww is the "Ford" Fans jealous cause Ford dint come out with the Quadrasteer first, huh?? Haha.
Maybe you didnt notice, but I said my dad bought a regular 1/2 ton sierra, and I own an s-10. Are you ignorant??? I made no comment about a ford being better, just said I didnt like quadrasteer.

Ford light duty trucks will have a major redesign for model year 2004. I was at the Detroit auto show, the new fords are very nice, better engines too.

Old 04-04-2003 | 01:59 PM
|
Pro Rider

kewl ya i didn't know they were already updating checked the webpage and ya they do look different

Old 04-04-2003 | 03:02 PM
Range Rover

Am i Ignorant? Did i say Chevy was any better? Na i dint. Yea and it is time for Ford to redesign and they have good engines, but they have no horsepower what so ever like the 4.6 and 5.4! I think ford should have stuck with the 5.0 and 5.8 pushrods, they were great engines.

Old 04-04-2003 | 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

ford has a new truck, it will be avail. later this year. speaking of engines, ford has two out of the top ten engines in the world according to one reading, its the 5.4 & the 4.6 cobra engine. tourqe & h.p. are very important. the current 5.4 has a buttload of tourqe at a low rpm for its size. the new 5.4 will have 300 hp & way more tourqe. ford is likely to release a v6 diesel based on the powerstroke around 05. as i said before, all u.s. trucks are truly kick a$$ these days!

Old 04-05-2003 | 01:11 AM
Range Rover

Pushrods Kick *** Yall!!!!!! Although they will probably eventually stop making them they are awesome. You can make them perform cheaper and stronger, you know what sucks about the 4.6 cobra engine? You cant modifiy it for nuthing! My friend has a 96 Cobra 4.6DOHC 305HP 300lb-ft and its pretty awesome but you cant modify it. You can get a 5.0 pumpin out ever how much HP you wont a whole hell lot easier and cheaper. And i have no idea why im talking about this but....hmmm anyway. Thats what i like about the Silverado they only come with pushrod engines and that just the way i am, im old school.

Old 04-05-2003 | 07:47 AM
Pro Rider

Check out the Dodge with the 345hp Hemi [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2003 | 09:44 AM
Range Rover

I would like to add, that with the quadrasteer on the chevy's and gmc's that it is still a solid axle. It is not an IRS setup, it is a Dana 60 axle. It is similar to a solid front axle on a truck, except on the rear and the the rear steering assembly is electronically controlled. It lowers the payload and tow ratings of the truck because it adds weight to the truck, not because it is not strong enough. There is just a lot more axle and components there verus the 10 bolt axle used in the 1500 series trucks and the 14 bolt semi-floater used in the 2500 series trucks

Old 04-05-2003 | 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

he he he...i got a 14 bolt in my 1500 series cheyeene...

Quick Reply: What is your favourite or what do you think is the best truck