Other Makes Kymco, Joyner, Kubota, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Huskvarna, Kazuma, etc

Am I the Only Cub Cadet Owner?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 05:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I the Only Cub Cadet Owner?

Just joined this evening. I have a Yamaha Kodiak 450 that I bought new in 2004. Still running strong. Been looking for a side-by-side for a year but just kept balking at the prices.

I just happened on an ad from a local Cub Cadet dealer and saw the Challengers - and was impressed by the reviews of the 550/750 and the list of base items that are considered options by the other manufacturers. Last Friday I placed an order for a new 750. I added the upper doors and rear window, a heater, windshield wiper, upper light bar and a power angle snow plow.

Deliver should be in 3 weeks or a month - will post pics when it arrives.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:30 AM
Pro Rider

There's quite a few brands out there besides the usual names that offer UTV's. Cub, Bad Boy, Land Pride, Kubota, and others. I wouldn't discount them just because of that. Regardless of price, it's a big investment so do your own research and go with what you are most comfortable with.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Lots of different models and mfgrs out there today and most are well made machines as long as you stay with a well known brand. I did the same thing 2 yrs ago, ended up buying a Kymco 450i after months of research. 2yrs later and 800 miles I have no regrets, it has got the attention of many people. If you did your homework then you will be happy with your purchase. By the way ....we need pics or it really didn't happen!! LOL

Old 12-14-2017, 09:14 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Lots of different models and mfgrs out there today and most are well made machines as long as you stay with a well known brand. I did the same thing 2 yrs ago, ended up buying a Kymco 450i after months of research. 2yrs later and 800 miles I have no regrets, it has got the attention of many people. If you did your homework then you will be happy with your purchase. By the way ....we need pics or it really didn't happen!! LOL
Thanks! I agree with your assessment. I've got a Yamaha Kodiak 450 that I bought new in 2004 that still runs well and I'll keep it going for hauling my wife's power tiller, etc, but wanted to get a side by side for several years. The prices of the "regular" manufacturers just seemed way too high for what you get and adding the options drives them even higher. The reviews on the Challengers I found were all good so I decided to give them a try - still a big investment.

There's an off-chance it will arrive before the end of the month but I'm not anticipating it arriving until sometime in January. You can bet I will be posting pictures!!!

Old 12-14-2017, 02:43 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Hopefully Cub Cadet learned a few things from the other makers mistakes over the years and have a good product.That's why I like more competition out there. Sounds like you have a nice set up ordered and hope it serves you well for years to come..

Old 12-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Price does seem to be nice. The 750 looks decent on power, probably about on par with the Polaris Ranger 570 and Yamaha Viking. It kinda looks like Suzuki might have built if they had ever added a utv to their lineup.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did some work this summer for customer had one in garage looked it over looked well made Good luck with it

Old 12-16-2017, 05:58 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks, guys!! All of the magazine reviews I read were positive and the ones I saw at the dealer looked well-built. Of course, you'll always find some individual reviews where people have problems with every model so I decided to go for it.

At this point, I'm really anxious to get it. It doesn't help that we've had some snow lately and more predicted for next week...and I'm really getting tired of freezing my tail off when I'm plowing. I took this picture on Wednesday morning as I was finishing up plowing my moth-in-law's driveway and on the way back up the hill to our house. Ugh.

Attached Thumbnails Am I the Only Cub Cadet Owner?-ugh.jpg  
Old 12-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I see your first mistake, should have went with a side x side with a cab enclosure to keep warm..LOL I just added one to mine and even have a heater, just waitin on snow so I can go play!!

Old 12-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
I see your first mistake, should have went with a side x side with a cab enclosure to keep warm..LOL I just added one to mine and even have a heater, just waitin on snow so I can go play!!
That's my old 2004 Yamaha. I don't think they were even making side-by-sides back then. It's really been a great workhorse for us - and we'll send it in for a full maintenance as soon as the Cub Cadet arrives so it will be ready for spring when it will continue to haul the power tiller for my wife's flowers.

Quick Reply: Am I the Only Cub Cadet Owner?