Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Moto-Fast vs. LRD pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2000, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,
I have a 95 Banshee and want other pipes than the stock.
I was almost going to buy Trinity's Stage IV pipes, but then read this posting.

I like the way the moto-fast pipe sounds, but I don't want to sacrifice the top-end on the quad. Do these moto-fast pipes pull harder in the top end than the stocks or are they around the same? and do you still get a hit in between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle?

thanks for any info you can give to help me.
And does Moto-Fast have a web site?

Also I was looking at Dyno Ports 2 into 1 pipe. Are they about the same or better or worse?

thanks alot

Old 06-08-2000, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

The Moto-Fast has about the same top end as stock.
The Dyno Port is said to have less than stock.

Actually, I can tell that that the LRD pipes have much more power on mid and top end, but because I ride in the woods mostly, the smoothness of the Moto-Fast works pretty good for me.

I'll probably have my chrom LRD pipes for sale. If anybody is interested, I'll make a pretty good deal on them.

Old 06-08-2000, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hey,
Do you know if Moto-Fast has a website?

And do you know anything about Trinity Pipes?

Old 06-08-2000, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

Haven't heard too much good about Trinity. Sounds like they copy a lot of other peoples stuff.

The Moto-Fast site is something like www.moto-fast.com , but it doesn't have much on it..

Old 06-15-2000, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

Just an update on the LRD pipes vs. the Moto-Fast pipes.

LRD sent me free of charge, some smaller jets. By the time they arrived though, I was starting to like the Moto-Fast pipe, so I sold the LRD pipes to a guy with a new Banshee.

Instead of using the LRD needles that came with the jet kit, we used the stock needles,280 mains, and 30 pilots. Basically, everthing was the same except 10 smaller on the mains and the factory needles.

The biggest difference seemed to be from the needles. I wish I would have tried the stock needles when the pipes were on mine.

As stated earlier, I have the Moto-Fast 2-into-1 pipe on my Banshee and am running 220 mains and 25 pilots. It seems just a little lean and I had to raise the needle to the last position, so I would probably benefit by moving to a bigger jet. Over all, it runs pretty good this way and lugs very well in tight trails.

Yesterday, we had the opportunity to race the two bikes to see which one would win in a drag race.

It was not even what I'd call close. The bike with LRD pipes easily pulled away from mine. The mid and top end pulled so much better on the LRD bike and it was easy to see just in the timing of our shifts. My bike quit making power well before the LRDs quit pulling.

Bottom Line: If the majority of your riding with a Banshee involves tight areas, trails and/or hill climbs, the Moto-Fast pipe excells. If on the other hand, you do mostly wide open, top end riding, the LRD pipes seem to work better.

I guess it's all a trade-off. I hope my experience helps someone else decide what they need in the future.

Old 06-15-2000, 11:49 PM
Trailblazer

I have a Dyno Port pipe and it seems to have a little more top end than stock. I dont know about the Moto Fast.

This is kinda off topic but Does anyones know if Moto Fast still sells the Lectron 2 into 1 carb kit?

Old 06-16-2000, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

I think that they will still sell you one, but it is around $800 if memory serves me.