Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

anyone have that boondocker nitrous kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 04:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have that boondocker nitrous kit?

im thinking about puting this kit on my raptor, how hard is it to install? is it worth the 700 im gonna be out? how is it on your motor, they claim there was normal engine wear after a whole season of using the kit, id like to know any info from anyone who has used this kit thanx.

Old 12-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

ive put one on my warrior, and yes.

i constantly beat 400's 660's and piped banshees on the strip.

but i have about 12k into my motor too.

i put out 37hp at the wheels w/out n2
and 71 at the crank with it so.
works best with a stroker kit to match

email me for pics

Old 12-22-2003, 02:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is the next mod I think for my bike that or an eline lighting kit so I can ride after dark

Old 12-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

There's only one I have seen with that kit run and they seem to work well, but the guy that day had a bed experiance when he held it for the entire run the nitrous froze is slider open on his carb and he was at full throttle at the top of the hill. He ejected off the bike and let it fly over the top. He was ok and there was minimal damage to the quad. I can't say which carb he was running only that it was a slide style so it may not be an isue with butterfly or even other sliders. I wish I knew which carb he had so I could be more helpful.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slide style accounts for about 99% of 2 strokes and probably quite a few 4 strokes. The nitrous is really only meant to be used in 3 second shots, give or take a couple seconds. Holding for an entire run is asking for trouble. But I bet he was fast.

Old 12-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Sadly, he was on a Banshee and was only able to pull even with a YFZ!? I don't know why he wasn't able to walk away from him, but on a non nitrous run he lost by like 3 quad lenths. It seemed like his shee was running normal and the YZF didn't have anything exotic. Perhaps rider error.
I remembered the carb had the flat style slider in it....perhaps the round style with more surface area would be less prone though that's why you don't do full runs with nitrous!

Old 12-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

Odd, a Banshee should beat a yfz. I havnt raced one yet, but from what I heard, they are a little faster than Z400, and my 86 suzuki can beat a piped z400, and I get beat by piped banshees, so I............I dont know.

Old 12-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

Me either. perhaps the shee rider was a little timid from the get go but was one of those got to have it even if I can't use it kind of people. Got beat by a 450 and thought a full shot of the laughing gas would fix it.
I've had my buddy from Crower racing bug me about turning him loose on my 400ex...to create a methanol burning, high compression, wild cam/high flow heads with nitrous creation. Heck his VW buggy runs with the big Northstars and he isn't running nitrous or a turbo. Perhaps when i grenade the motor a new sleeper beast will emerge. He was able to build a 38hp alcohol Suzuki 230 quadsport so I could percieve some nice HP with his Ideas!

Old 12-23-2003, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

Whos gonna flip the bill, if he is, I say let him loose on it.

Old 12-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

I would love a Nitrous setup on my Banshee however I don't like the idea of having to mount a battey which is extra weight, looks weird and is a hassle.

Quick Reply: anyone have that boondocker nitrous kit?