Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

anyone have that boondocker nitrous kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have that boondocker nitrous kit?

I have a buddy that runs the boondocker system on his DS. Works great....
My advice,,,,, If you do it.. take your time and install it right the first time.. Think things out before you just dive in.....

Old 01-15-2004, 02:24 PM
mrh
Trailblazer

If Boondockers or any others sized the kit for your motor size it would be just as reliable. The main problems occur with not understanding the principals behind nitrous, and volume required for motor size. The bigger the motor the more margine for error you have, so this is where your reliability comes in.

It has been my experience that any of nitrous kit manufactures have excellent tech people. I would trust their info and use this as your baseline. You will not burn one down if you install it exactly how it was intended and use their jetting recommendations, they will always be on the conservative side. The basic kits will be safe and fun for the average user. If you need more or want to use it in a competative situation I would suggest doing some research as there are a ton of books on nitrous theory and application. Then when you talk to a tech or your local drag racer who truly understands how it works, you can start pushing the limits of your motor.

The main thing I am trying to say is don't buy a kit off of ebay and slap it on you 400 four stroke, then say " x companies" nitrous sytem caused my motor to burn down. that kit may have been designed for an 800cc twin 2 stroke motor with 80hp jets. that is Ok on a 150 hp twin motor, not very good on a 40hp sigle.

Old 01-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Well said, Mr MRH

Old 01-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Range Rover

He's right 99% of the time its operator or installer error.Its only as reliable as the installation.

I've been using it for years on cars and still believe it the best bang for the buck over anything else.