Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Rhino first ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino first ride

Took my new Rhino out for its first serious trip yesterday. Headed up a series of roads and trails in a local canyon here in central Washington.

Where three of us, on the Rhino, Rincon, and a Rancher and we did about 50 miles with 4-6 inches of snow with some deep drifts. The Rhino did fine, the ride and comfort was great and the stability was awesome. I was disappointed in the way it went in the snow, compared to the quads. The Quads are much better; in fact I feel the Rincon in 2-wheel drive will go as well as the Rhino in 4-wheel drive. The Rincon will go up a snow-covered hill without hesitating where the Rhino spins all the way to the top and feels like it won’t make it. All three machines have stock tires that have very similar tread patterns.

I am not sure why the Rhino lacks in the snow; the only thing I can come up with is the greater weight. I wonder if wider tires would offset that?

Overall I am very happy with the machine and glad I purchased it. I will probably sell the Rincon now as much as I like it.

Old 01-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino first ride

I don't think wider tires would help at all because you would end up with less pounds per sqaure inch and you would probably do worse.I went out ridig last week on my wolverine with stock tires and did better than most others due to the fact I was lighter and didn't have wider tires

Old 01-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino first ride

My thought is the reason I was having problems was because I was heavier and the wider tires would decrease the pounds per square inch. Not sure.