Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

nutech fuel + 5 to 10 hp without rejeting

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 08:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nutech fuel + 5 to 10 hp without rejeting

Actually in some cases depending on modifications of a bike, FI may need to be richened up some by either an add-on adjuster or chip burning. The computer only makes adjustments based on ECT, Temp, O2 sensors and in some cases speed sensors.

Old 02-14-2004, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I hope this is not a dumb question, but what would a small amount of nitro fuel like used in RC cars do in my fuel. Once a year I ride high elevation and lose about 15% H.P., I'd like to make up for some of the loss.

Old 02-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Cheaper to make your own. Mix around 10% methanol in your favorite gas. You can go up to 15% when it is hot, but not much more than that or you will get into a faze separation deal on cold days. Like all Ox fuels, you will have to jet up if you have a carb. Injection need not apply the puter will do the work for you.
That is a common practice by many but that is best for octane requirements. Oxy fuels have a better specific gravity that assist in better burning of the fuel. That is why alcohol will yield more HP over your typical race fuels.

mystereid Fri February 13, 2004 10:12 PM

I hope this is not a dumb question, but what would a small amount of nitro fuel like used in RC cars do in my fuel. Once a year I ride high elevation and lose about 15% H.P., I'd like to make up for some of the loss.
Nitromethane does help a little in the HP department, but just like all of the available OXY and high octane fuels, they are not miracle superchargers. They allow the combustion engine to run at it's maximum capabilities if tuned properly. They can be used to help cover mistunings or help protect from immediate disasters ie; lean mixtures, too much ignition timing, etc. When I run my turbo bikes on the dynos, I make sure that I'm running the high enough octane to assure that I don't lean the A/F suddenly and go boom. It's not a guarantee but is IMHO preventive medicine.

Since you are at what sounds like at least a mile high above sea level, the easiest way to gain the loss of power is to have a poweradder like a turbo, supercharger or nitrous oxide

Old 02-14-2004, 03:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Nitro and gas don't mix too well. Same way with alky and gas. There are tons of problems with nitro. It has **** poor BTU's/LB. It detonates about as easy as 80 cent gas!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It burns VERY sloooooow. It is hard on bearings if it gets with your oil with alky in it. (Thins out your oil, which in turn does not lube well.)

That being said; will it make more power? Ya, it will. A LOT MORE. We had one guy put it in the crank case in his kids 5 horse Briggs. It would "fume up" and it would make power. Quite a bit of it!!!! It was a box stock and this was a good way to cheat. From what I know, he ran good, but broke a few before he got it down. Would I put it in a good quad motor? No way in hell!!!! Too many problems for me.

Oxy fuels have a better specific gravity that assist in better burning of the fuel.
I don't know what you mean by this? Before MBTE, my state mixed alky (ethanol) with their pump gas to make ox fuel and get it up to state o2 standards. Now they use MBTE, soon to be changed back to alky. Go figure? Bureacrates, the people I love to hate.

Old 02-18-2004, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Thanks for the replies guys, very informative. I'd heard these products don't like to mix well with gas.
I camp at 4000ft once a year for week and there are no really tall climbs, it just takes a while to get used to the lack of power.

Old 02-18-2004, 03:03 PM
Range Rover

this is what sparks is using now and i like it alot..

CMP
Special formula for high performance "run what ya brung" racing. Works great in cars, boats and bikes in all forms of unrestricted competition. High level of oxygenates may require richening the tuning. Performs well in race engines up to 13:1. For higher compression applications request information on VP's DRT Formula.

• Color: Green
• Leaded & Oxygenated: 4.51% m/m
• Motor Octane: 104.5
• Specific Gravity: .725 at 60° F

VP DRT
DRT is specially formulated for high performance "run what ya brung" racing. Works great in cars, boats and bikes in all forms of unrestricted competition. High level of oxygenates may require richening the tuning. Performs well in race engines with compression ratios greater than 13:1. For lower compression applications, request information on VP's CMP formula.

• Color: Blue
• Leaded
• Motor Octane: 115
• Specific Gravity: .746 at 60° F

Old 02-18-2004, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

When we pull, we spray a nitro/meth mix into the top of the carbs through dail-a-jets. they are hooked to a separate tank. The dial-a-jets work when motor is under load, so your only on the mix when your on the thottle. This system has been used for years by smowmoble that lake race.

Nitro=50%nitropropane - 50% koolinol

Old 02-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Range Rover

I also like the nitropropane mix

Old 02-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

When we pull, we spray a nitro/meth mix into the top of the carbs through dail-a-jets. they are hooked to a separate tank. The dial-a-jets work when motor is under load, so your only on the mix when your on the thottle. This system has been used for years by smowmoble that lake race.

Your all a bunch of cheaters!!!! Arn't chemicals fun?

I wish the sanctioning body where I race would like this stuff as much as we do. They don't seem to see it like we do. Bunch of killjoys.

For all those that play with chemicals while racing, good luck and don't get caught. (It screws it up for the rest of us cheaters!!!!)

Old 02-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks guys Im going to get a barrel of VP MR8 and give it a try[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]