Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

4x4 odyssey monster

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 odyssey monster

hey guys.....i was spinnin tire in the snow with my modified odyssey, and i had a crazy idea. i want to take a big cc 4x4 quad, cut it to peices and make a 4x4 odyssey out of it. i think if i take both the front a arms, hubs, and extend the driveshaft, then use the original suspention of the four wheeler mated to the rear of my odyssey, it could be an unstoppable machine. (really just bored and want to play with the odyssey)......id like to set the front suspention back about 6 inches from were it is now, and put spacers on the fron hubs(to accomidate larger tires) the rear will be moved back to accomidate the engine and rear diff. this effectivly moves the operator forward, helping to better distribute the weight on the machine. this modification wont be extremely fast, but should theoretically be able to climb very well. if i used the right tires i could gain respectable ground clearance. maybe someone has a suggestion on what quad would work best, any other ideas for improvement. ---just tryin to be different than all the other people that go out ridin---

Old 02-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like it needs a R 1 motor as well !!!

Old 02-06-2004, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer

If your Odyssey was a fully suspended one (FL350/400) I would say you might look at a Honda TRX 300/Rancher 4x4 spindles and center section. Would they possibley mount to your A-arms? What could you do to make it happen? This could possibley be lot easier. As to the drive shafts look at Gorilla-axle.com. they could build them for you I'm sure.
The tranny...I would try to find something that has the engine/trans/transfer with shaft drives at both ends. Again the Honda TRX300/Rancher is very compact and mods are plentiful.
This is something I have thought a lot about myself, but haven't done anything to research the fitment of parts.
Something I just thought of , Is the Honda TRX or Rancher Liquid cooled? From the sounds of it you will be trail riding at a fairly slow rate.

Jes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]