Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Torque Stuffer

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque Stuffer

Hey i got a 01 wolverine...just wondering if the torque stuffer will give some low end help without hurting me on the top end? thanks.

Old 03-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Torque Stuffer

Yes the stuffer does give a nice little kick in the low end, and it dind't hurt my top end at all, it might be a little different for each quad, and the brand of stuffer though. Mine was a White Bros.

Old 03-22-2004, 08:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default Torque Stuffer

hey boxhead...did your aftermarket carb give you any noticable hp?....i was thinking of getting one to go along with the rest of my engine mods...i think it would be the next best mod..?

Old 03-23-2004, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default Torque Stuffer

Any noticeable HP!? The Edelbrock rules on the warrior, I highly recommend it. The thing doesn't even have a choke, but still starts right up when it's in the 30's outside. Anyway it will make the front end come right up, even with 14/40 gearing and 20" tires in the rear. The company claims to have added about 4 HP, but your response is incredible. You'll swear it's more of a power gain than what they claim if you feel the difference in acceleration on the Warrior, since the stock carb had nowhere near the power output capabilities. The adjustment procedure can't be beat either, considering you don't have to even take the carb apart. I heard Keihin (I think that's how it's spelled) makes some good carbs as well, but they probably aren't externally adjustable. I'm not even sure if these carbs are available for the Wolverine, but they're worth checking into. Overall I think any decent carb will make a big difference on the Wolverine. You could also use alba's OEM part finder and see if our bikes carry the same OEM air boots and such by comparing part numbers, which may enable you to use a Warrior's aftermarket carb on your bike. With any pipe or engine mods, your quad will become a fuel hungry beast, and a quicker response carb is the way to feed it's craving and make the components come to life.