Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Banshee Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2000, 12:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am rebuilding the top-end on a friends Banshee. He wants it bored to the next overbore size and also to shave the heads for a bit more compression. I live in Northern Wisconsin so I figure I will have to send the cylinders and head out to have the machine work done. I am not sure who to send these to. My current thoughts are Duncan Racing, CT Racing, or Trinity. Any thoughts who is any good out there?

Old 08-01-2000, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

These things could all be taken care of at your local yamaha dealer unless you get it ported also.
Any machine shop or dealer should be able to tkae care of you without having to send it out of state

Old 08-02-2000, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider

very good points. don't send your equipment out for such simple procedures. a local shop should bore and hone each cylinder for 30-40 bucks and you wouldn't have to worry about sending the parts to all corners of the earth. think about it.

Old 08-02-2000, 12:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

The point is I want someone who does good work. I have a TRX250R that a local Honda shop rebuilt a few years back. I went through two pistons before they realized that the sleeve was cracked. They also damaged my crank during the rebuild. I have since had Duncan Racing rebuild the engine. Loren Duncan was very disappointed in what he seen inside my engine. The Honda shop did very poor quality work. That is why I want someone who is known for good work to do these Banshee parts. Nothing is a simple task when it comes to idiots working on a machine. Some people could mess up a wet dream. I am a firm believer in "you get what you paid for" motto. The local guys might be cheaper, but don't have the quality I would like. Oh, an another thing the local Honda shop also didn't tighten the balancer bolt. After some riding it loosened up and backed in the process cracking my chromed side cover. Any idea what a new chromed side cover costs? And yes everything came out of my pocket except for the 2nd broken piston. "oh we did everything right" is what I heard. Funny because my stuff was in worse condition after than before.

Old 08-03-2000, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

ok well i recently sent my cyl's to duncan to get bored and honed and come to find out they were bored too much, and trinity...over here nobody hears anything good from them, the amount of ppl that have gotten screwed over by them is unbelievable...CT is a very well known place for their quality though

Old 08-05-2000, 08:36 PM
Range Rover

Hey,
I live in Wausau, WI. I work an Kinney Racing in Wausau. I only work 3 days a week, but he/we do everything you are looking for, with tons of satisfied customers. Brian does it all, porting, boreing, shock work, you name. Clayton and I do all the motor tear downs and assembly. We also do the trouble shooting and repair bikes, quads, PWC's, Snowmobile. If you want a local, quality shop, this is it. If you want I can get you the number for the shop. We are open from 3-8 monday-friday, and 12-5 on Saturday. Let me know.
eric