Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Boondocker Liquid Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boondocker Liquid Nitrous

As usual, I agree with the dog on this one. Well sort of. He he he he. How much HP does a 300/340 make? What 25 HP? And your squeezing a 30 shot? That means your over center on augmetation. Your making more power with your N2O than your engine. "Usually" that's a big no, no on ANY engine. See what I'm saying?
What failed on the valve? Did the head pop off? Or did the keepers fail? The only way a valve will fail is if it is poor quality, or you reved it to the moon. I take that back, a third way is not enough valve to piston clearence. You will have to fill in which of these 3 fits your case.

Old 10-30-2004, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

has ne body installed nitrous on a stock bike? it seems to me that it would be awesome for someone who can't afford the thousands of dollars to make a fast bike on the drags, but still wants to play most of the time (i.e. me). could u run the nitrous with stock exhaust and motor?

Old 10-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
As usual, I agree with the dog on this one. Well sort of. He he he he.
LMAO!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

CroBiker alot of people run nitrous systems on everything from stock 5 horse Briggs to 502 BB Chevys. The thing is, you have to start with an engine that has a good reputation from the start. For instance, I must have read a 1/2 dozen times on this board about broken rods on stock Rappies. If I owned one, would I put a N2O setup on one? Nope, not me. I'm sure there are many people out there that do with no problems, but it's a gamble. Kind of like playing with snakes. Or as Clint would say "do you feel lucky punk, well do ya?"

Alot of people shoot around 80 to 100%. Some go over center and shoot 120%. I personally would not go over about 50% on augmentation. That's just me. I don't like waiting for the big boom to happen.

What I'm trying to say here is: If you start with a proven stock engine and spray it down no more than 50% or so you will do at least three things, 1. haul ***, 2. more than likely won't hurt any parts other than tires and 3 suprise alot of built quads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hey Dog, see your still giving good advice!!!!

Old 10-30-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

sorry for the ingnorance, i know this is gonna sound stupid, but what exactly do u mean by "if u spray 50%"? do u mean that 50% of the air/fuel mixture is nitrous or what? thanx for the info, when i have $700 to spend on performance, i'll probly get some nitrous.

Old 10-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: CroBiker
sorry for the ingnorance, i know this is gonna sound stupid, but what exactly do u mean by "if u spray 50%"? do u mean that 50% of the air/fuel mixture is nitrous or what? thanx for the info, when i have $700 to spend on performance, i'll probly get some nitrous.
Meaning that if the motor makes 30hp N/A that you spray it for an extra 15hp for a total of 45. Over center would mean putting enough N2O in it to make 75hp. Personally, I do not subscribe to the "spray it what it makes" mentality. I know several who do, cars and atv's alike, and they are the ones with big repair bills and motors that fit loosley in a 5gal bucket. 50% with a safe tune-up won't hurt much, it's when you try to double the power output of an otherwise stock motor that you start walking a line looking for trouble.

Old 10-30-2004, 11:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Very well said IMPORTH8R. Thanks

Personally, I do not subscribe to the "spray it what it makes" mentality.
I totally agree with you IMPORTH8R. Some people load it up with 100% augmentation. Some people have it work out fine for them; others run over their crank!!! I've never been in the latter group and never want to be!!!
CroBiker, as you may or may not know, nitrous can be a great add'er. But is does have it's problems, like when the tank goes dry. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] All in all, I think it's a great power add'er, just don't get greedy with it and you will be fine.

Old 10-31-2004, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

thanx for the info. i used to hear people mention nitrous and always thought they were crazy, i was under the impression that nitrous could literally blow up your motor, and when your motor is between ur legs... now i know different.

Old 10-31-2004, 01:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little knowledge goes a long way. And when it comes to this type of funny fuel, doc is the guy to talk to.

Old 10-31-2004, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: nitrotmann[/i.
Shady is right. I ride with Norm and that thing flys on the button. It has beaten almost every modded banshee that its gone against this year on Choke. Its amazing what instant hp does.

Hows life treating ya Shady?[/quote]

Hey man how are ya? Life be good, just got back from an eastern MT deer hunt, dumped m'self a few deer for the little barbeque at the dunes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Other than that just trying to convince Mrs Shady that her Raptor needs a little engine work kinda like yours..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Shady

Quick Reply: Boondocker Liquid Nitrous