Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

STREET LEGAL

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STREET LEGAL

Thank You eneryone for the ideas and info.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer
Default STREET LEGAL

getting it registered as a motorcycle seems to be the easiest way but you can only have 3 tires. maybe a giant 3 or 4 foot wide rear tire. or remove one tire and have a plate that slides on the road. or have one rear tire and one rear "roller" on the other side that spins free, would help in turns also. i think you can go with the farm equipment registration but your first time in court will the judge believe you that you were using it for farming reasons when you were just cruising aroud town or going to your friends house. I would break my own arm if that would cause atv's to be street legal in pa.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default STREET LEGAL

I spent several years looking for a loophole to get a quad street legal in indiana and I just pulled it off. It is titled and plated as a mc, and I can go anywhere. Started a little business out of it if there is any indiana riders out there hit me up. you can sheck it out at myspace.com/streetquads This is the first one done in the state and I am the only one that can pull it off.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default STREET LEGAL

that is pretty sweet except you can't do crap else but ride it on the street now, which would defeat the purpose of getting an atv. though I give you props that would be a sweet toy.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default STREET LEGAL

I am in NY and ATV's are illegal for onroad use. Does anyone know if there is way to legalize it in NY?

I am considering suing the NYS DMV in federal court on the basis of violating the Equal Protection clause of the 14th amendment

Also, it is infringing on our constitutionasl Right to Travel which is a fundamental right. Secondly, if motorcycles are allowed on the street, how is this different (i.e. EQUAL protection) - - assuming of course, it is modified with blinkers, horn etc.

anyone know of any lawsuits in this regard?

Old 10-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default STREET LEGAL

LoL real men don't care about cops [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. I'm wanted by like 3 cops near me that are state troopers in NY one lives up the street about a mile or so and ive even showed him my quad so he didn't think it was me passing his house going 75 lol he said it was a green and black quad yet i ride a black trx 450r [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. But I guess if you guys just would want to cruise on the road and thats y u want it street legal i guess thats cool but i only go on the roads for like a couple of miles on and off to get to trails.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default STREET LEGAL

This message is for waterfront95...Have you persued this matter any further. I am very interested in doing so and also live in NY,LI. So I am very curios how it's been going for you and if you have been trying or not. Please let me know. Thanks - Rob.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default STREET LEGAL

In ny you cant do the street legal sport quad because of the solid rear axle. there are 2 4x4 atvs here on long island that are plated for the street. they both had dot tires {car tires on 4x4 atv rims} and turn signals.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default STREET LEGAL

So I guess the new Honda 700 might be my next toy???

Old 06-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Range Rover
Default STREET LEGAL

I'm very interested in this. Sorry I'm late into the discussion, but I just found this thread from Yahoo!

I have tons and tons of concepts drawn up for this, and I'm in the process of getting them copywritten, and showing them to the Manufacturers to try to score a deal.

Any more news on this???

@STREETQUADS

what's up with that myspace page? It doesn't show anything but info about yourself. Nothing to do with ATV's that I can see.

Quick Reply: STREET LEGAL