Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel spacers

I know that new a-arms and rear axels are the best for extra widith but how well do the wheel spacers work? will they put alot of stress on the a-arms when jumping? it also seems like it would put alot of stress on the studs. by the way i have a 04 660.wondering if anybody is using them or has used them and how well they work.thanks any info would help

Old 03-12-2006, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel spacers

they work ok for normal riding. I wouldnt use them if your jumping. put to much stress on the ball joints and shocks
and they make it harder to turn . so in my opinion I wouldnt get any. save your money and get new arms and axles
and remember once you widen the a-arms you have to have your shock readjusted for the extra leverage
I had them on my Z400 and wouldnt do it again

Old 03-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel spacers

*edited by ATV Connection Moderator*

Old 03-29-2006, 04:30 PM
SFA
Range Rover
Default Wheel spacers

Originally posted by: getdrunk
the ones i have for sale are the only ones MADE FOR MX RACING and im selling them for $25.
LMFAO ! There are no wheel spacers made for MX racing, wheel spacers are junk. They ruin your bearings, give horrible bump steer, bend stuff like axles, a arms, tierods...and more, can come loose and fall off, can sheer studs right off, throw the geometry of your front suspension way out of wack...yeah there awesome. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Range Rover
Default Wheel spacers

I have an 05 Raptor I have 1 1/2" spacers on all wheels and it made a huge difference on the handling. As for the jumping, I wouldn't do anything excessive

Old 04-02-2006, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel spacers

Originally posted by: SFA
Originally posted by: getdrunk
the ones i have for sale are the only ones MADE FOR MX RACING and im selling them for $25.
LMFAO ! There are no wheel spacers made for MX racing, wheel spacers are junk. They ruin your bearings, give horrible bump steer, bend stuff like axles, a arms, tierods...and more, can come loose and fall off, can sheer studs right off, throw the geometry of your front suspension way out of wack...yeah there awesome. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

hey stupid dont tell me i dont know what im talking about when you dont. yes the crj spacers are made for racing because they can not break! and they are good for mx. dont dis it till you try it. the spacers will not break your a-arms and bearings still last long using them. the only real thing is they will put to much extra stress on the axle. thats all. the spacers will not come loose at less you have a dumby putting them on.

i knnow i ran spacers for 3 years now and still run them. the stearing problum is not a problum on a mx track. now for xc all the ruts and bumps cause you to stear back and forth. i never beleved the stearing problum because i drive on mx conditions all the time. now i took it to my friends farm fields and their all rutted and i can feel the stearing problum. so only reason not to get em is if you ride in xc conditions.

also a better solution for the front is to buy a frame mount reloacator. it pushes your a-arms and shock mounts out further so you can be 6 inches wider and still handle like it was just extended a-arms.

its somthing like dimondjcoustoms. they have a web site and also use ebay to sell. you can pick the kit up on ebay for $100 or else the web site sells em for 220 shipped

Old 04-03-2006, 03:08 PM
SFA
Range Rover
Default Wheel spacers

Thanks for the flame. But if you truly believe that they "can not break" you have "problums" as you call them of your own. Wheel spacers on something your going to jump a lot or at all is not a good idea. If they where such a hot setup why wouldn't everyone run wheel spacers vs high priced a arms, and a wider axle, and go through the cost of buying shocks meant to deal with the added leverage of moving the wheel outwards. I went to an actual MX race last summer and saw everything from the amateur class to the pro class and out of the over one hundred quads there I didn't happen to see anyone running wheel spacers ... hmm you must be onto something here, wheel spacers are the future of MX racing. But why are you selling them if they are so good ?

As for the "frame mount reloacator" that's the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.

PS please make use of some kind of a spell check, I can hardly understand if your insulting me or yourself with spelling like that.

Old 04-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel spacers

Originally posted by: SFA
Thanks for the flame. But if you truly believe that they "can not break" you have "problums" as you call them of your own. Wheel spacers on something your going to jump a lot or at all is not a good idea. If they where such a hot setup why wouldn't everyone run wheel spacers vs high priced a arms, and a wider axle, and go through the cost of buying shocks meant to deal with the added leverage of moving the wheel outwards. I went to an actual MX race last summer and saw everything from the amateur class to the pro class and out of the over one hundred quads there I didn't happen to see anyone running wheel spacers ... hmm you must be onto something here, wheel spacers are the future of MX racing. But why are you selling them if they are so good ?

As for the "frame mount reloacator" that's the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.

PS please make use of some kind of a spell check, I can hardly understand if your insulting me or yourself with spelling like that.
welli never heard of breaking crj spacers. and crj are the only ones claimed to be for mx and un breakable. when your axle breaks b4 your spacer it proves how strong they are right their.

also spacers are always called bad because they get compaired to somthing like a long travle gibson set up.

and jumping is a not bad eather using spacers. i jump big with them and onnly broke my axle.
and all last summer i was running stock shocks and i was flat landing at 15ft of air constintly and spacers still perfect condition.

and as for spell check i dont do work for people. people do work for me.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel spacers

spacers are only as good as the material its made of and that goes for axles/hubs/ wheel studs

maybe the spacer doesnt break but when you land from a jump and you sheer off all the studs holding the tire
on from the extra leverage and then you crash the quad, now it will cost more to repair.
thats why I wouldnt have spacers. seen to much damage from breaking wheel studs that hold the spacer on