Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

ITP Heel Guards?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006 | 09:23 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default ITP Heel Guards?

I'm a proud owner of a DVX400 and the PRO series heel guards that IMS/Roll supplies don't work to great on the quad (saw in dirtwheels) because there is a tab that sticks up on the top and attaches to the fender. well if you've seen a DVX you'd understand why this would be a problem especially since they don't specifically make them just for the DVX. I was curious if anyone knew the price on these new heel gaurds that look as if they attach to the side of the frame called GP-series. I can't seem to find the price on them and i like the way they look...just gotta know the price of them. The only downer i can see to it is forking out the extra money for the footpegs as well since my footpegs are doing just fine. Anyone know the price on 'em? I am very interested it's just they're website is not updated enough to have them. Thanx

Old 08-14-2006 | 09:55 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Default ITP Heel Guards?

While I do think that nerf bars are absolutely necessary, I have never felt that heel guards do a darn thing. If you are wearing boots (like you should be), the heel guards are unnecessary. When running nerfs, there would never be enough room at the back for my heel to go into the tire anyway.

It is interesting that a lot of manufacturers are putting on heel guards now (presumably for liability reasons), but who sells a quad with stock nerf bars?........Nobody.

Old 08-19-2006 | 06:11 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default ITP Heel Guards?

Well you see i personally don't like the way nerfbars feel and how they ride. I personally ride with the ***** of my feet on the foot pegs so most o' my protection is recquired for the heel.... and i like the way the IMS look and the fact that they are aluminum cuz these plastic stockers aren't worth a darn...hence the reason i'm searching for others....anyone else have opinions or other products they'd recommend

Old 08-21-2006 | 02:42 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Default ITP Heel Guards?

Just be sure to post some pictures of your stitches when you come off the pegs, get you leg sucked under (in front of the peg where your heel guards are useless), and end up getting ripped from the knee to the groin! It will happen some day..........