Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

IT FIT'S !!!!!! almost......

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IT FIT'S !!!!!! almost......

That's right boy's and girl's it look's like i can just barley squeeze a ninja 250 2cylinder 4 stroke 6 speed motor in that blaster frame the two down tubes in the engine cradle hafta be shortened and bent forward 4 inches along with the cross brase so the bottom of the motor will sit inbetween the frame tubes it really didnt look like it was gunna fit this easy when i had the motor laying on the floor look's like i have enough room forward of the motor for the radiator carb's will also clear but i have no clue what i'm gunna do with the air box

Old 11-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

I know the feeling, I have to work on my bosses 86 suzuki 250, and it has a 750 ninja in it, just to change the spark plugs you have to remove the valve cover, because who ever had it before put 13/16 spark plugs in it instead of 5/8 like it should have, I have a picture of it in my pisc as soon as its been approved

Old 11-13-2006, 01:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wow that's a job just to pop a plug prolly gota yank the tank and all to no fun at all no way i'd go 4 banger in a quad unless it was just for drag and i ride trail and air that's why i went with the 250, light smalll nimble still fast enough to whop a yfz oh ya it does to my neighbor has one was whopin him and a quadracer 400 in third with the blaster rear in the ninja frame just as an experament. it was geared way to high that way had to triple clutch in first and the front end tended to shopping cart to scary that's why the ninja and blaster are bolth striped right now lol

Old 11-13-2006, 01:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey does anybody know if a radiator will work on a 45 degree angle like if you took a car radiator and angled the top part into the motor at a 45 it should work right? the over flow spicket would be on the inside though might take a moulth full of liquid out of it but it look's like it would work never ever ever got hot straight up and down

Old 11-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

this is kinda weird but this is my exact same thing i was thinking about doing.....i have a ninja ex250 that i laid down last year and a 2000 rolling chassis blaster that i blew up a few years ago.....and i was looking to recycle both machines.....and this is simply crazy.... talking about the frame what all did you have to change on it......and if you have any picture of anything that would be amazing.....and another thing would you do it again if you did over.....and where there major gains.......

Old 11-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Time for an update.. i decided to join the blaster and ninja frames together since i already had the blaster swingarm in the ninja frame, wich was really easy btw used the ninja brake caliper and the blaster rotor had to make a bracket outa plate steel and shave the pivet to frame down 1 inch off the arm. (took about 5 hours When joining the frames together i ended up cutting off the bottom of the ninja frame ware the crossmember is below the footpeg's i cut the pipe that led down to the footpeg's on the blaster it fit nice. then i cut the blaster frame ware the upper frame tubes led back to the upper monoshock met cut them at a angle and curved them with grinder to meet ninja frame welded there and by footpeg's also welded further forward on upper tubes ware they touched took blaster spindles off with whole tire and spindle and swaped sides so the tie rod's were in front cut blaster steering stem stuck pipe in and welded to make stem longer 2" longer tie rod's are on order cost 125 now i hafta move bottom steering stem bracket into bumper. All the ninja plastic tank seat eavrything fit cept for the lower shroud......... The swingarm is to short and it's geared way to high prolly hafta move to smalest ninja and largest blaster sprocket they bolth came with 420 chain. What did i gain from doing this ?? you ask ?? i now have a ninja frame with intact neck with blaster steering run through it ... i only joined the quad frame to the streetbike's ..... i wonder if they will give me a modified title and registraton??? like a harley trike the neck is intact . any advise thought"s ?

Old 11-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey what's a good site that i can post full size free access pic's of this? i have full digi pic's of this on my comp but don't know ware to put em

Old 11-17-2006, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

put them in your profile pics...

Old 11-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Put some pictures here it was way easier then trying to resize them http://photos.yahoo.com/king_butt_head