Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

FMF Megamaxx II or WhiteBrothers E-series?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-1999, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have narrowed my search down to these two pipes and I would like some input from owners on what type of increases that they got in both power and noise.
I ride a 300EX and would like too know which is best for me.
Thanks.

Chris "00" 300EX

Old 10-01-1999, 11:53 PM
Range Rover

Yes, I too have a '98 300ex that is slightly modified. I have White Bros.E-Series pipe, k&n,jet kit,twist throttle, and shredders. I too was comparing the FMF
Megamax II and the White Bros. E-Series pipe. Let me tell you about the experience I have had with the White Bros. E-Series
pipe. I bought it about 4 months ago and it really sounds great. It is not annoying loud. But when I come by a campground or by a race track I'll tell you one thing, they know I'm coming. With the addition of the twist, K&N, jet kit,precharger and modified air box lid the pipe has a small gain in horsepower, sounds great and is very good for the ego. Put it this way you'll love
the sound and performance. $249.00 is well worth it.
Charles '98 300ex
Quadfreak@yahoo.com

Old 10-02-1999, 05:48 AM
Range Rover

I have an E series on my Warrior.I like it but it is loud. A friend has the original
mega max on his Warrior I don't see much
difference except I think the E series looks
better.

Old 10-21-1999, 03:59 PM
Trailblazer

I had a 300EX with just re-jeeting and some 8 holes in the airbox (k&N) - great addition. I had the MegaMaxII - good sounding. I am currently trying to find somehting for my 400EX as well - and everyone I talk to said - the MegaMax/E series are the same - same DISC technology --- If you want something different - some people seem to think that the FMF PowerCore IV is a much better than any of those two.
I am now going to get a PowerCore IV for the 400... better flow !!!
So its either, they have the disc technology or they dont - and seems the non-discs are better.

Old 10-22-1999, 08:45 PM
Range Rover

It all depends on your type of riding. The powercore 4 is suited for high rpm racing where the megamax is built for the woods rider/racer...as is the e series. Both have the tapered tail. I think your comparing apples to apples. I purchased the megamax for my honda due to good past experience with fmf. The other bonus to the mm is that it comes with an optional "quiet core insert" that reduces the roar for the neighbors. I did call fmf tech support during my install and they said to use all supplied discs without the qc insert for the best performance. I'm quite happy, by the way.

------------------
Steve Small, 00' 400ex, 00' 325 Trail Boss for the Mrs.