Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

how do i loosen my new brake pads on a raptor 350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007 | 06:47 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default how do i loosen my new brake pads on a raptor 350?

i bought new brake pads and bled the brake lines installed them in myself, but how can i loosen my brake pads so that there not rubbing on the rotor?

Old 05-28-2007 | 10:17 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Default how do i loosen my new brake pads on a raptor 350?

Do you mean all are dragging, or just the front, or just the back? on the rear, with a new pad install, you need to back off the parking brake tension bolt, the 12mm bolt and locknut sticking out of the left side of the rear caliper,you turn it in by hand until it feels like contact, and then back off 1/4 turn and lock it down with the nut. The fronts have no adjustment, but they should retract a bit when you let off the lever. Disc brakes will drag a little, as long as the wheel rotates fine without effort,or doesn't make a lot of scraping noise, you should be fine. If the wheel feels tight or won't rotate on its own, you may have a stuck or bad caliper,or possibly the master cylinder check valve won't allow fluid back into the master resivior. Let us know what you find, and if it is the front or back giving you problems.