Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

YFZ450 Rev Boxes

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007 | 10:56 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default YFZ450 Rev Boxes

Hello gang. I just figured I'd toss this question out there and if anyone has any experience that they think I might care about... please post.
I have an 07' YFZ450 that's set-up quite well for flat-track racing, I've got the suspension just about where I want it now and the only thing I'm lacking is a little bit of power. I'm running 13.5 to 1 sparks piston, X6 Big-Core exhaust, Pro-Design/K&N Filter at the moment and the GYTR Over-Rev Box, along w/ the sparks TPS by-pass plug. I still feel like I'm lacking a bit in the entire power department, and the engine really feels like it could rev higher before slappin' the limit toward the end of the straights on the oval. I have played w/ gearing quite a bit and can't find anything that gives it a great feel, I was wondering if anyone has experience w/ the DynaTek or BigGun or other CDI boxes that are 1000rpm higher than stock, since the GYTR is only like 500 I think maybe that'd be my tiny bit more power that I need, plus I guess it might be a bit more of a timing advance too. -- I thought about Cams, but I am pretty heavy compared to most riders and from other experiences I lost a touch of bottom-end w/ any cam I've ever tried in anything and I really can't afford to lose any grunt out of the corners or off the line.... Anyone got any suggestions on how to get a little more steam out of my current setup? -- I'm contemplating just going for the 480Kit from Sparks w/ the DynaTek controller or a stroker crank, just don't know if it's really worth all the extra $$$ when I could perhaps just tune what I've got to make it come alive. Any input would be great.