Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Jetting a Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-1999, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never jetted an ATV before. Is it hard to do and where can I find directions on how to do it. I just bought a White Bros Series E pipe and a K&N Filter that I am going to be putting on. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-03-1999, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

HEY Man I just got the same setup and will be installing it tonight. The jet kit I got says to use a .150 main jet with an aftermarket exaust. The exaust says to use stock jetting unless you need to change. I am going to get a few spark plugs and try out a couple of diffrent setups until I find onee that works good I will let you know what I find out unless someone else has this setup and knows the best jetting to use. What did you pay for your exaust and filter and jets if you got all of that?

good luck

Old 12-03-1999, 04:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I paid $224 for the pipe and $29 for the filter. I haven't ordered the jetting kit yet. What kind of kit did you get? Did I get robbed on what I paid? Let me know if you notice a huge difference in power.
Thanks

Old 12-03-1999, 11:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yamaman, I have the pipe installed. I cannot ride it through the neighborhood because it is ALOT louder than stock. I paid $299 for everthing from Factory Racing. It looks really cool! I am going riding on sunday and just from hearing it idle I think it will have to be jetted or have a significant tuning on the carb.......I can't wait. Where did you get your pipe? What kind of riding do you do?

Old 12-04-1999, 03:18 AM
Trailblazer

I too just ordered a E-Series pipe for my 2000 Warrior along with a Pro Flow filter conversion and a Moto Force airbox lid, but mine won't arrive until next week so I have to wait until next weekend before I can try it out. :>( From what I've read about the E-Series Pro-Meg though--(check out http://www.whitebros.com/offman/WARRIOR%20Man.pdf)--rejetting isn't necessary on the Warrior if you're just adding the pipe, although they kinda recommend bumping up a size if you're running the maximum number of discs. Going up to a 150 main couldn't hurt at first just in case the pipe leans it out, and from there you can go up/down sizes until it runs okay; remember that running too rich is better than running too lean! Also, if you've done any mods to increase air flow into the engine, such as replacing the crappy stock filter setup with a K&N or Pro Flow filter, you'll definitely have to rejet as you'll be running lean. At any rate, I've already had the carb off of mine (crud in the system when I first got it) so I know rejetting the Warrior isn't the easy thing to do since access to the main jet requires pulling the carb...after you've removed the front plastic and tank...but there are a lot of people here who can provide a lot of help, just don't be afraid to ask. Good Luck!

Old 12-04-1999, 01:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yamaman
I mostly ride in the woods (really fast in the woods) I originally owned a '96 honda forman 400 mostly for hunting but my friends bought sport quads and left me in the dust(although I had to pull them out of the mud) I began to have alot of engine problems like I had to rebuild the damn thing twice before I wised up and sold it. Then I found a warrior from a business friend and bought it. It was in good condition but needed some minor attention which I am just finishing up last night. I have new tires (bandits front and back)new sprockets (added one tooth to the front 'cause I lost 2 inches on my back tires) New chain RK 520 X-ring. New axle bearings and seals and the exaust,air filter and jet kit. So I have done quite a bit in a short amount of time. I failed to mention that another reason I got rid of my 4x4 was I was riding it like a sport quad and the suspension did not soak up a big bump and I barrel rolled it. The quad came out better than I did I was out of commision for about a month. Now I have a cool bike and I ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET!!! I live in Arkansas which has alot of national forest to rid in we can also go to the river which is all sand. I have only been to the sand once an loved it although I now see the need for paddle tires. We had a great time their must have been 40 quads out their mostly banshees.I love to jump bu am having trouble getting my shocks set up so I don't bottom out I maay have to invest in some froont shocks $$$$$$. I am waiting also to see if yamaha comes out with a 400 if so I'm there!!! well talk at you later. I'll let you know how the ride goes. That other guy says to go ahead and jet but we will have to see. It looks like it may rain so I may get to play in some mud!!!

Old 12-04-1999, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

You got to love when something not only adds horsepower but looks great too. I have a '00 Warrior that I just bought about 2 months ago and I'm hooked. I have been riding mostly on a MX track close to my house and occasionally I go out to an area that has some partial sand dunes and deep ravines that are great for jumping. I haven't gotten my pipe yet because I just ordered it yesterday from World Class ATV. I am looking forward to getting it big time. Jetting my Warrior kind of makes me nervous because I have never done it before and I hate to open up a brand new machine. You will have to let me know how much better it performs when you go out Sunday. What kind of riding do you do?

Old 12-06-1999, 03:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Maddog357, I hope your ride went well. Any noticable difference in power? I went riding yesterday and my wife came along and she rolled my warrior so I have to do some repairs to it this week. She normally rides our Kodiak and wanted to ride mine and went up a hill that she shouldn't have and it rolled over her down the hill. Bad judgement ccall on her part. She will be out of commission for a little while. My pipe should arrive in the next day or so and will put it on when I make my other repairs. Let me know how you like yours.
Yamaman

Old 12-06-1999, 04:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Yaman
Check your e-mail I sent you a letter direct to you. If you did not get it post a note here. I have had a problem with my E-mail so if you send me one post a note so I will know you sent one. Sorry to here about your wife I was looking into getting my wife a quad, Any recomendations?

Maddog357