Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

warrior 750 quad

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by odysseyjunk
wow, that thing is packed in there..... i thought i was have a tough time packing a twin cylinder ninja motor into my mojave frame, but that is art man......... btw, what is that radiator you used? im trying to find a decent spot to mount mine....also.... did you end up using rubber motor isolators for the mounts? and how about the gearing? i assume you probly dropped a few teeth on the front and added some on the rear, but was it enough?
Thanks It is in there very tight, as for the radiator I used the stock one that came on the vfr, I just used moved the fan that came of it to the right. To have room for the radiator I had to remove some of the suspension supports and made my own.

No the motor is mounted the same way it was in the street bike, as for vibrations there is NONE. If you’re not to in tuned with the Honda v-4 motor it was there pride and joy for quite a long time consequently they are balance perfectly.

gearing I went with a 520 conversion the F=13t R=52 with this gearing the top speed with 20” paddles is 83mph and 98mph for dirt I run 25” tires, here is the web sight that has final drive ratios for almost every bike it really took the guessing out of gearing http://www.gearingcommander.com/

As for the bike you are building that’s awesome I’m actually going to build one this winter except I’m going to put it into a warrior probably? Mainly because the vfr has the front exhaust run underneath so my ground clearance isn’t the best for hard core trail ridding, so I want to build on that I can beat and use on the trail.

I really like the Kawasaki ninja 500r I think it would fit into a bike with out much cutting to the frame and has like 55 real world hp

Old 05-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of frame mods did you have to do to the warrior? i have a 90-91 warrior 350 electric not 100% sure what year but it has a siezed engine and i would love to put a street bike engine in it do you have any tips for the build?