Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Clutch Install Video, greaseless...machined sheave...2ndary spring

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Install Video, greaseless...machined sheave...2ndary spring

Thought I would post these up for ya's. A friend of mine (Jack aka The Modfather) and I filmed an installation video of the UTVCrap machined sheave, greasless rollers and sliders (12 gram) 1mm shim and epi blue 2ndary spring. So far the setup has me impressed but I still need to test topend. This video has a few things edited out cause I kind of messed up the footage so a few things to note are= The bearing got greased prior to putting the cage back on, the 2ndary spring got torqued to 70 ft#s and you should not start the quad with the cage off. We did it for demonstration purposes only you should have the cage installed prior to starting so you don't put any stress on the shafts. Another thing is with the greaseless sliders they can go in either way due to the fact that you will not be reusing the grease cover or seal (no need to, just unsprung weight) if you are doing a machined sheave and reusing your greased setup the wide part of the slider should be on the inside of the cam plate. Hope you guys like the vids and hope they may even help someone out.

Clutch Install Video Grizzly 450