Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Best Quad to Build EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dual-sporter I have never said once that you have to have 6-8 thousand dollars in a quad.I like to see when people get good deals on quads so they can use the extra money for any mods they want.
Spencer for example paid 1500 for his 1987 250r and the only thing wrong with it was a crack in the rear plastic. The last thing I would want to see is somebody get burnt on buying a quad, because it usually boils down to spending alot of money in the long run on repairs and not ever getting time to ride it like I am sure was the intention in the first place (ie:zane).
I have always helped out anybody in our group with any knowledge i have gained since owning a quad whether it be where to order parts,who to build motors or where to get work done, or costly mistakes that I have made in building my quads.
I have saved family members thousands of dollars in repairs on there quads by doing repairs for them and knowing where to buy parts at, and building some parts myself.
I also believe my repair work speaks for itself I have never worked on any quad that I had to repair the same thing twice. I make sure I investigate the problem thourghly and don't think it is fixed until i have a explanation how it broke. I also try to explain to people when they ask for my opinion that this is what works for me but there are alot of other options out there and investigate them all carefully ,because what works or is good for me may not be what works for you.
after working on motorcycles for over 25 years now, I have came to conclusions about which brands are good and which brands tend to have problems, and it has nothing to do on what you paid for it,but it has alot to do with what motorcycles I recommend for modifying Becuase nobody likes to waste money.

Old 03-17-2001, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i see what you mean about not getting burnt on a deal. in hinesight on zane's quad, it should have been parted out... we're learning a lot the hard way as we go & have made some expensive mistakes already... what to do now? i think we'll figure out the problem, but need to do some tests & inspect things closer when we have time... we've both had a lot of other distractions that have stopped us from working on the toys since fall(moving, wrecking my old toyota, zane buying a baja bug project/nightmare, head gasket on my current toyota, school...etc) here in about a month... things should be back to normal (i hope) & i may need some help. i hope he gets rid of the bug soon...it's been nothing but problems too & we warned him on that one too. (what is it with zane & machanical goat-f***s?)

i had no idea you'd been working on bikes that long, i took up the hobby about 2.5 years ago with my XR. the learning curve is expensive no matter how you look at it. it's good to have friends that know more about it & someplace to ask questions.

i appologize for being critical if it has pissd you off at me. it's all just trash talkin'

i have tossed around the idea of going to a honda, parts are less expensive in general & much more available. admittedly the front suspension is better... but i look at it as way too expensive for my budget right now, unless i sold everything & found a killer deal.... then i'd still have to modify to get it where my 'zuk is now (the thread about the RM engine is just talk & curiosity anyway)

on a different note...i talked to urban yesterday, he started this thread under spencer's account just to see where it would go... i kind-of figured it was him.