Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Do NOT purchase anything from Ridig Industries!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do NOT purchase anything from Ridig Industries!

I really thought their products were state of the art. The way they are presenting their products and since these lights are VERY expensive, I thought they would be good.
But my disappointment came with a bang.
I do not drive my truck much. It is mostly parked outside my house, but this summer has been very wet with a lot of rain.
Rigid Industries claims their lights are waterproof, so I should think they atleast would withstand rain.

Well, I bought this 20" E-Series LED this winter. And a couple of days ago I noticed that only half the LEDs were working. The other half was flashing and died.
I contacted the dealer who sold me this light, but he told me to contact Rigid Industries directly since they do operate with a lifetime warranty.
So I did.
But they are not willing to replace the bar, and tells me to work with the dealer since they are not an authorized dealer. (?)
Or they can repair the bar, but I will have to pay for the shipping both ways Norway-USA.
Bad customer service if you ask me.
I paid 659 US$ for this bar, and really thought these products would be good.
Today I opened this bar and I was really surprised on how bad these lights are sealed. There are no rubbergasket or other sealant under the front panel of the bar. And the gasket under the side panels are just a joke.
These lights are really a ripoff so do stay clear of these.
Before I bought this bar, I should have read more reviews/complaints about these lights. Because these water problems are quite common.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my truck blows fuses when i try to add lights Or else it melts the headlight switch...

Old 08-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

So the place you bought it from is doing nothing? When you talked to the people at Rigid, did they say there was supposed to be a seal? Almost sounds like you bought something used and semi rebuilt.