Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Next mod for Banshee ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 01 Banshee so far I have Toomey T5's and basic mods like filter plate and dual stage filter and of course tire and rims. Quad runs awsome but was wondering whats next as far as mods to boost up some horses without doing major engine work in the area of under
$ 500.

I have some sweet pics of it if your interisted at my site.

Old 08-21-2001, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

whats sup.
There is some really easy things you can get to boost the power of your banshee somewhat. Add some reed spacers for some more lowend. Get some Delta Vforce reeds. You will also want to check out for a CoolHead.
Carbs are another thing. Get some true 28mm kehein carbs.
Now for porting. Get somebody to do some minor porting. I did that to my friends banshee and it screams now.
Peace

Old 08-21-2001, 12:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would go with the Delta V force reeds and cages and a coolhead. You could probably do both of those mods for under $500. The reeds will help with your throttle response and the coolhead has adjustable dome sizes to increase your compression. Good luck.

How do you like your Toomey's? I have FMF now, but I'm thinking of getting some Toomey's.

Old 08-22-2001, 05:41 AM
Range Rover

Forget the Coolhead,it looks good but thats about it. Get your stock head rechambered($100) and either 28pwk's or a single carb setup($300).After that all you need is V-force and a port job.

Dont forget a steering stabilizer,you NEED it for NJ riding.

Old 08-22-2001, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

The V-Force reeds made a big difference in my FL350R.

Forward Motion Racing does port work pretty reasonably priced. A single is $120 including head mods, I don't know what a twin is. His porting may not get you every last bit of power out for a particular application, but will give you a huge bang for the buck.

Old 08-22-2001, 07:44 PM
bob
Trailblazer

how about moding the timing plate, u can advance timing about 4 deg using the stock stator plate. gains are easily noticed, and the cost... if u have a flywheel puller and a die grinder or dremel, its free.

Old 08-22-2001, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok thanks for the help everyone, 2theextreme to answer your question I'm really happy with the Toomey's performance, fit, and look. I just wish the power hit sooner in the power curve. Its still only 5 months old. I guess I have alot more work to do to it yet. I should have included this before but I was wondering after doing engine mods I'm sure it would also run hotter, What should I start thinking about as far as cooling needs and when ?

Old 08-29-2001, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would definately look into getting bigger carbs before going too extreme into mods. For keeping it cooler I would get a prodesign water impeller, inline cooler,or possibly a toomey radiator. I have an trinity intake system on my drag banshee and it gives mega hp for a simple bolt on product. A timing plate is a good upgrade for a minimal amount of cash. But if you want to get the true power from your bike I would suggest boring and a port/polish job. Boring usually runs about 70-80$ a cylander, but the port/polish can get a bit pricey. Reeds and reedcages can also give you more power Id go with boyeseen reeds and reed cages, they give the most bang for you buck.

<< Who says girls cant ride banshee's.......... >>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Pics of my quad: www.roostfest.com/whitness.htm

Old 08-31-2001, 04:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I went with the Pro-Design water impellor. Nice piece and you can clearly see the cooling advantage it offers. Dont let the $80 price tag scare you, its worth it, as I have yet to overheat since install (my buddies cool head equipped Banshee still overheats) and is worth the piece of mind...

RoostKing...