Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

High Performance Mods for Kid's ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone out there have any hi perf kid's atv's??? Where did you find the parts? What is the atv brand.

Old 08-30-2001, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

One of my friends has a couple of high perf. kids quads that his sister races on. One is a 90 mod for the GNC's. Its a totally custom quad and its SWEET as hell! It is one of only 6 laegar 90 mod chassis ever made, and from what we are told may be the only one left! It uses a KX 80 motor in it, which is bored to make it a 90cc. A pro-circuit pipe, 300 ex plastic, custom a-arms and axle and PEP (I believe) shocks. That thing being on a 90 is as wide as his Open A 250r! Its about as trick a quad as they get.

He also has a 4-trax 90 that they have tricked out. They got a pipe, and cam, bored and stroked. Then his dad built custom A-arms and added 300ex works shocks. Also I belive a works rear shock and a +4 axle. Its got nerfs and stuff too, its pretty damn fast for a 90 4-stroke!

But as you can see, to get a real high perf. kids quad, you gotta do the work yourself. Go to a national and see if you can find a used 90 mod and you will have the highest perf kids quad out there!

Old 08-30-2001, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply Rhino!!!

I know all about the Leagar mod chassis. I believe they all started out life as a 4 stroke to compete in AMA limited youth classes. There is one that races in Las Vegas and CA that has been upgraded from the 4 stroke to a KX60, then a KX80 and finally a KX85. It is amazing to see and wide as Hell!! The guy actually has two of the frames so with your friends, that makes three of the 6??. (At least we think they are Leagar frames. Could be Roll Design though)

We have been building the newer kid's atv's and have found they can actually out holeshot the KX85 and usually stay ahead (except where they are limited by suspension). Now that the drive line is up to snuff, we are starting on the front suspension. Actually, we are chopping up a Blaster for the front a-arms and works shocks. Once installed, with the rear shock modified, we hope to stay ahead of the Leager machines. It should be fun.

By the way, can we get some pix of the 90cc Leagar??

Old 08-30-2001, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

I will see what I can do about pics, I am at college so I am not home to take them! I will give him a call and see if hes got a digital cam or something.

Did Roll make any 90 mod chassis? I have never heard of one, but I had never heard of the laegar either till they bought theirs! I will have to tell him that at least 2 others exist, he said that he has talked to LOTS of people at the GNC's and they didnt know of any others.

You say that you are making the chassis by hand that you are using? If so, may I ask why you would use blaster suspension parts? They arent the best race setup out there I wouldnt think, why not use something like 400ex front suspension, then you arent gonna be limited by suspension vs. the KX!

If you are building that chassis by hand, shoot me a price on having one built, I would love to have one of those little things!

Old 08-31-2001, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Had the Blaster parts available. In fact, the lower arm from the Blaster fits in the stock mounts!

On that Roll Design bike -- that is why I was looking for a pix to match up. I know it uses a 300x axle carrier and brake. The remainder is all custom. I would really like to find one of those frames and I hope I can buy the extra from the Las Vegas clan.