Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Banshee motor work

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2001, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 banshee i recently redid for moto cross and all other types of riding.
I installed paul tuner mid pipes with fat boy silencers along with v force 2 reeds a pro design pro flow kit cool head with 21cc domes. I run a 320 main 27.5 pilot and the stock needle at #4 position, I also burn torco 111 octane fuel. My question refers to the power this makes. The quad now feels as if it has way to much power for the gearing, every time i go down the road it I keep clicking the shifter for one more gear. I am running stock rear tires for the moment and when I do change they will be to the same size to keep my cornering ablility. Does anyone have a idea on gearing or even another good mod to increase my power ouput even more.
And by the way my chassis is up to par now from the +2 a arms and axle along with works suspension and a round houseing swing arm (wich i must say is OHHHH SO TRICK!!

INSPIRON:[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2001, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

28mm Keihin PWK's...Will provide for better throttle response. MUCH easier to change jets too...

Porting alterations tailored to MX riding...

With you running Torco you can run a higher compression ratio. With a stock exh port heigth, and that fuel you could be running 19cc domes for even more low-mid power...

Try going up one tooth on the front sprocket and see how it behaves then...